• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Questions after 3 weeks on Freddd's protocol

picante

I don't have the energy to follow through at present, so don't want to start a thread that will make me feel pressured to Perform:eek:

I'm with you on that! Let's put it on the middle burner. I'll start a thread after I get some more pressing questions addressed. Good afternoon to you. I'm off to :sleep:!

aturtles

@picante , why are you using l-carnitine instead of l-carnitine fumerate, which Freddd says works best for about 90% of the people he's followed?

Having tried all three, having made the switch to high doses of LCF, I can report that I find the difference impressive.

picante

@picante , why are you using l-carnitine instead of l-carnitine fumerate, which Freddd says works best for about 90% of the people he's followed?

Having tried all three, having made the switch to high doses of LCF, I can report that I find the difference impressive.
Hi, turtles, that was back in Nov. I wanted to start with teeny amounts to make sure I wasn't one of those who would have to be "peeled off the ceiling".

I've now tried all three, and I can't tell whether LCF or ALcar works best for me. When you say "high doses", how much is that?

aturtles

Hi, turtles, that was back in Nov. I wanted to start with teeny amounts to make sure I wasn't one of those who would have to be "peeled off the ceiling".

I've now tried all three, and I can't tell whether LCF or ALcar works best for me. When you say "high doses", how much is that?

Yes, I should have been more specific: Doctor's Best L-Carnitine Fumarate, 855mg yeilding 500mg. (High for me.) When I was trying less (perhaps 100mg, yielding less) I couldn't tell the difference. But that was me, then.