• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Queensland researchers make major breakthrough in MS treatment

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I have posted this before but thought i would post it again here as i never noticed an MS thread here.

I also think this research is very relevant to cfs/me as they can be misdiagnosed with each other and also very similar diseases.

Also the fact that cfs/me is now being looked at as an autoimmune illness, which MS is, but also this research also is showing a relationship with chronic viral infections and treating ebv by exposing T cells to an ebv vaccine and then reintroduced back into the patients.

I still feel there is a strong relationship between chronic infections and autoimmunity, not just either or.

See article here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/cd20-antibodies-deplete-ebv.52838/#post-876151

Last edited by a moderator:

heapsreal

@Jonathan Edwards i would like to see your opinion on this type of research as i think it brings the concept of chronic infections and autoimmunity together more. You posted a recent thread opposing(maybe a too strong a word) the chronic infections, although you dont discard the infectious trigger. Also maybe another subgroup.

Like i mentioned above, i dont think its an either or with chronic infections and auto immunity, although im not saying this is the case with all autoimmune diseases. But it is interesting how they have improved the function of the immune T cells and have had improvement in this patients condition. I dont know if any other immune suppressive type meds were used, but it does open up other avenues to research further.

There is also research in MS showing antivirals effective and also antivirals showing they have actions on microglial cells and reducing inflammation in MS. Maybe this is why Dr Kogelnek is interested in a study on rituximab and valcyte??

I know antivirals work for a sub group of people, so im trying to fit it into this autoimmune model.

Other treatments like minocycline have an effect on microglial and improvements have been reported in RA with these abx. Theres has been past theories of RA being a bacterial infection but maybe the effects were coming about from the actions of minocyclines on microclial.

Im trying to fit things into this autoimmune model that have helped, even if only partially. I havent looked into ampligen yet on its actions on autoimmunity, but will do down the track.

cheers!!

if you seen the documentary about the fellow that wrote the book on how cancer/treatment has been moving along over the decades we now see a doctor rossenburg (spelling) that is removing cells and growing them in a lab and reintroducing them back into the patient with cancer and is having great success with it. The show was on PBS here in Canada and there is a dvd made that is obtainable through PBS. I think its clear we are on the correct path now with many of these diseases.....and the answer is...BOOST IMMUNITY

heapsreal

Its probably controversial until the big pharma companies squeeze all the dollars out of current treatments like rituximab and find away to patent the above treatments.

anciendaze

...I think its clear we are on the correct path now with many of these diseases.....and the answer is...BOOST IMMUNITY
Just a caution here. The therapy Pender was doing involved stimulating and culturing cytotoxic T-cells that targeted particular infected immune cells. This is considerably different from boosting immunity in general. Some of the cells which would benefit from other treatments to boost immunity would in fact be infected. The virus involved appears to be exploiting clonal expansion in immune response to replicate infected cells without triggering a host immune response against the virus infecting those cells. This therapy is an example of directing immune response against a malfunctioning subset of immune cells.

Dr.Terry Wahl had a severe form of MS and is out of her wheelchair and doing fine with just diet change..but i did read somewhere that she also took low dose abx. She claims its all about healing the mitocondria (spelling)...im too tired for spellcheck...lol. She is all over youtube