• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Deficiencies and Cures?

frozenborderline

Ethyl pyruvate has been on my radar since last year. Someone on reddit (presumably healthy) posted that they took a supplement which had Ethyl pyruvate as the main ingredient and got amazing cognitive improvements from it. Sadly that supplement is no longer available, and the only other sources I can find are research suppliers.

I'd also like to try a non-calcium based source of regular pyruvate (doesn't have to be ethyl), just because whilst I do well with pyruvate, I don't do well with calcium, and all the pyruvate supplements seem to be calcium pyruvate. Pyruvate is one of the few mito boosters that actually does what it says on the tin.
http://www.idealabsdc.com/ Now has a product called pyrucet which is combo of ethyl pyruvate and acetoacetate. It’s supposed to help increase expression of PDH