• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Psychology Today 7/22/19: "Dark Side of Social Activism in Science" (Michael Sharpe surfaces again)

Mary

Moderator Resource
This is really really bad - our good friend Michael Sharpe tweeted about this article. An excerpt:
Thus, the entire social activism “war” being conducted on CFS/ME researchers is founded on false premises. Nonetheless, it is having dire consequences. Talented scientists such as Dr. Sharpe can shift the focus of their research when the harassment becomes intolerable. Tragically, he no longer studies CFS/ME, instead of working with another group adversely impacted by fatigue—critically ill cancer patients.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...he-dark-side-social-media-activism-in-science

nyanko_the_sane

Because everyday is Caturday...
They'll just go on to hurt other people if we do nothing. I hope the editor gets a bunch of emails about this article.

I think this guy needs to learn more about what he is writing about.

Stephen M. Camarata, Ph.D.
Professor of Hearing & Speech Sciences and Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
CamarataS_2004.jpg

Contact Info
Phone
(615) 936-5111
Email
stephen.camarata@vanderbilt.edu
Address
10215 MCE South Tower

Last edited: