• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Proteolytic Enzymes - Trypsin & Chymotrypsin

Jwarrior77

Has anyone tried proteolytic Enzymes to help with digestion and breaking down protein? I'm specifically interested in the enzymes Trypsin and Chymotrypsin. They apparently have strong anti inflammatory effects when taken on an empty stomach. When taken with food they help break down proteins into amino acids. Each one breaks down different proteins into certain amino acids so it's best to take both enzymes. You can read more about it here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5778189/

I believe Chymotrypsin helps breaks down protein into tryptophan, phenylalanine, and tyrosine. Trypsin breaks down proteins into lysine and arginine mainly if I'm correct. I wonder what role this could have in ME/CFS if your you are deficient in these enzymes.

Has anyone tried them? What are your experiences with them? Thanks.