• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Protective effects of lactoferrin against intestinal mucosal damage induced by lipopolysaccharide...

Lolinda

J'aime nager dans le froid style Wim Hof.. 🏊‍♀️🙃
Hey, this paper means: lactoferrin could improve leaky gut!

Thanks 100x for posting! I cannot believe that nobody answered this thread and not dozens of people liked. All the many PR members with leaky gut, intestinal inflammation, brain fog due to gut LPS getting into their blood, etc! Don't they want to get healthy?

Are you still interested in this topic? I see in your profile that you stopped posting on PR May 2018. Hope you are around?

I made a first positive and surprising experience using a really low dose lactoferrin. Soon I will go for more, trying to address my main problems that may well respond to lactoferrin.
May I ask you:
  • Did you try lactoferrin?
  • Did your gut improve?
  • Did any labs improve?
I had many labs done related to leaky gut (if anyone interested, just ask). Surprisingly, only one of them was positive: DAO (diamine oxidase, the major detox for histamine and many other amines). DAO is produced in the small intestine, so damage to intestinal cells is a good candidate culprit for low DAO. Moreover, a low DAO is used by researchers as an indicator of leaky gut:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21225906
But while all other leaky gut tests were negative in me, DAO really is the single most important lab for me that holds the key to all my trouble: I had lots of DAO tests done and can say now with certainty that my DAO levels relate well to symptoms. At low levels I am suffering like hell, at high levels I am half healthy. And interestingly, DAO issues are a cause of neuropathy (which I have) and neuropathy is a cause of POTS (which I have, and yes, it is tested to be the neuropathic variant)

Last edited: