• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prof Pretorius publishes a new paper on micro clots and their treatment in Long Covid and at least some cases of ME

SWAlexander

Can't help you with this, sorry. I'm heterozygous for that SNP, but have had elevated homocysteine and low folic acid in the past, probably due to a problem with my diet. Nothing consumption of folic acid wouldn't fix.
Thanks Akasha. You got a good point there. My folic acid is very low 3.1 ng/ml - normal range 4.8 - 37.3 ng/ml.

SWAlexander

Long COVID and the role of fibrin amyloid (fibrinaloid) microclots
Together with Professor Resia Pretorius, we have been studying the role of fibrin amyloid microclots in the phenomena of Long COVID (and related post-infection diseases). All of the papers are on the group’s Publications page. Following considerable earlier work using electron microscopy (that uncovered ‘dense matted deposits’), we discovered the ability of tiny amounts (1 molecule per 100,000,000 fibrinogen molecules) of bacterial lipopolysaccharide to cause blood to clot into an anomalous ‘amyloid’ type form that could be stained with fluorogenic dyes such as thioflavin T. Similar phenomena can be observed in the blood of individuals with various chronic, inflammatory diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, type 2 diabetes, and rheumatoid arthritis. These kind of fibrinaloid microclots are significantly more resistant to breakdown THAN NORMAL CLOTS, and the phenomena bear similarities to other more classical ‘amyloidoses’ and especially to the properties of prions.

Read more: http://dbkgroup.org/longcovid/

Last edited:

SWAlexander

SEVERE BLOOD CLOTTING ISSUES - DOCTOR'S JOURNEY

I don't understand why the youtube link is not displaying here as soon as I click save.

Last edited:

SWAlexander

is Fibrinogen (factor I) genetic?
I checked today my 23andme and found several markers.
1644038685341.png

more info at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibrinogen#Genes

is Fibrinogen (factor I) genetic?
I checked today my 23andme and found several markers.

I also took a look at my SNPs for FGA, FGB and FGG. Found some mutations, but nothing obviously relevant. Due to the prevalence of postviral illness caused by covid, I wouldn't expect it to be a rare mutation anyway. I didn't have time to research them, but there's a lot of publications on this genes, it seems.