• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prof Brian Hughes:New Treatment Guideline, Same Old Denialism

Countrygirl

https://thesciencebit.net/2021/10/2...-CVuNrP6FVaSQgiMQ-NAFLT2D1zAqLy7SiaeSTnnulNUk

New Treatment Guideline, Same Old Denialism
Written by Brian Hughes on October 24, 2021

Last Monday, the UK’s National Institute for Clinical and Healthcare Excellence (NICE) held its much anticipated roundtable discussion event, ostensibly to appease those (few) medical stakeholders who had baulked at the newly developed treatment guideline for ME/CFS.
Regular readers will be aware that NICE developed its guideline over several years following a rigorous assessment of the research evidence. However, for reasons that are still a little vague, some senior figures in Britain’s medical establishment let it be known that they were not that comfortable with what had been proposed. Despite the fact that NICE went so far as to pause the publication of its guideline in order to hear them out, the subsequent opportunity for calm discussion at the roundtable threw up no substantive issues. The guideline is now to be published this week, as was intended back in August.

BrightCandle

In some corners of the globe they are genetically modifying yeast to test mitrochondria responses to drugs, in others they are looking at the blood to see what is in it and why cells have less energy and in others the cellular impact of viruses. In the UK they are arguing over whether exercise works despite all the harm its done. So many decades wasted on this.

Rufous McKinney

In the UK they are arguing over whether exercise works despite all the harm its done. So many decades wasted on this.

ludicrous....and I"ve lost considerable respect for the British, which I think I previously had.

I'll try to forgive them, later.

Last edited by a moderator: