• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Probiotic Suppositories

ChrisD

Has anyone used probiotic suppositories such as these before for ME/CFS?: https://bravoprobiotic.co.uk/product/new-bravo-suppositories-5-x-effectiveness-12-pack/

This is an avenue I am exploring (no pun intended). I’ve used bravo oral probiotic before (via mouth) to good effect but it’s expensive o keep up and wonder if these will be more effective in supplementing the microbiome. Might also be a cheaper and safer option to FMT.

Hip

These are not normal probiotic suppositories, but GcMAF probiotic suppositories, from the same people that make the (overpriced) Bravo GcMAF yogurt.

In this poll, GcMAF came out well as an ME/CFS treatment, resulting in a "major" improvement in 29% of patients who tried it.