• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prebiotics that won't feed yeast?

Aerose91

Are there any out there that will feed bifidobacteria but not candida? I do best on a low FODMAP diet but I can't add any prebiotics to grow the good bacteria because candida comes right back. Inulin and starch are out. Is there anything that would work?

Aerose91

I actually have a kit sitting at my house but haven't done it yet. That will be interesting to check out. I def fear any fermentable substrates, though because it seems like any fiber or carb just makes candida go nuts

pamojja

Maybe you don't have any to fear. As in my case, because I didn't have any bifidobacteria to begin with, no way to feed them. Interstingly I did have a higher diversity than 93% of all tested at that time, and an 96.4% overlap with the microbiome of individuals, who reported no health issues. :lol: