• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prayers Needed for a Severely Ill Patient (and their family)

Wally

If you believe in the power of prayer, please pray for a patient in our community who is severely ill and who had a serious downward turn in their health last night. For privacy reasons, I cannot identify this individual, but I know any prayers for strength and compassion for the situation that the whole family is dealing with right now would be appreciated. Thank you for your support.

Gingergrrl

I do believe in prayer and also in anonymity in that God knows who I am praying for even if I don't. So prayers of healing, compassion, strength and whatever else is needed are going up right now for your friend and their family. Many on PR have prayed for me and happy when able to do the same. Keep us posted if you can.

Wally

@Gingergrrl - Thank you for your understanding. The latest news that I have is that this patient has stabilized from where the situation was on Sat. and Sun.

I think it is hard for many to understand how the severely ill can have their body turn on them very quickly. It is also very frightening for the family and I also think for doctors/nurses who try to control a ME patient's heart rate, temperature etc... from skyrocketing or lowering so suddenly and dramatically.

This is such a strange illness and the severely ill seem to experience a massive overload of the most difficult symptoms piled one on top of another.

Much thanks to those who kept this patient and family in your prayers.