• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

POTS in Covid Long-Haulers

Jyoti

I have been pretty well distracted by the exigencies of my life of late, so may well be behind the news cycle on this. If so....apologies for redundancy. However, I was--can I say excited or is that reprehensible?--to see that POTS is being discussed as a long-term consequence of infection with Covid-19.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/13/health/long-haul-covid-fatigue-breathing-wellness/index.html

Many of us have experienced an uptick in hope that somehow our mostly invisible suffering will be seen, now that people with a 'legitimate' illness etiology are being diagnosed with ME/CFS or post-viral illness of an indeterminate sort. Similarly, if POTS is a diagnosis now being given to long-haulers, that means that perhaps those of us with POTS can hope for more research money, treatment and diagnostic emphasis, physician awareness and education, and possibly even improved outcomes--better lives--- beyond those we currently have available to us.