POTS and Spinal Fluid leak...

Peyt

Hi all,
There is a video from Dr. Ian Carroll that says there is a connection between some POTS cases and Spinal Fluid leakage:

Has anyone ever had a Blood patch on this site or knows someone who has? How effective is it? And how painful?
Any thoughts regarding this matter is appreciated.
Thanks so much

wow, I'm almost sure I have this going on as I have already a diagnoses of "some kind of connective tissue disease" (due to torn tendons happening at a young age which doctors said was not normal... and I also had a bowel prolapse and degeneration in 3 parts of my back. Daughter has symptoms of EDS so I probably have a gene for this).

I also have a bone spur in my neck area which is heading towards the spinal cord which I was once told "someone you will need surgery on that". I was in a rail disaster and a couple of car accidents so have had whiplash 3 times.

Im so very uncomfortable when I'm upright due to the head pressure....

Peyt

What I am not too excited about is how they detect the leak... they use a CT Myelogram... But this procedure in itself causes another puncture and another hole/leak... and apparently its a very old procedure... I wish there was more advanced ways to detect the leak than by creating another one!