• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Possible Explanation for Symptom Increase After Food

Wishful

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/06/220630083255.htm

The discovery is that the anticipation of food triggers activation of microglia, which increase interleukin 1 beta production, which in turn affects the autonomic nervous system via the vagus nerve, which signals the pancreas to produce insulin.

For those who get worse symptoms from meals, this is at least a theory to keep in mind.

CSMLSM

When full you will make more Leptin as this is the bodies chemical messenger to signal being full.

Elevated Leptin is associated with ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia.

Leptin also triggers the increase of the degrading enzyme of Anandamide known as FAAH and this starts to degrade Anandamide more reducing its concentration and thus binding ability.
Anandamide is used by the body for many things and one is to make us hungry and go seek food. It also interacts with our immune sytem down regulating inflammation and immune responses by binding to CB2 receptors.

When we eat we make this situation of elevated Leptin worse by increasing the already high Leptin.

This activates the immune system making an immune or autoimmune condition worse.

This is why many find intermittent fasting helpful as it decreases Leptin that in turn reduces FAAH and then that elevates Anandamide concentration as it is not being degraded as much.

Rufous McKinney

Leptin also triggers the increase of the degrading enzyme of Anandamide known as FAAH and this starts to degrade Anandamide more reducing its concentration and thus binding ability.

I was reading that being hungry...a little hungry....helps with hippocampus and neurogeneration....which we could use more of.....

BTW: your really smart...and Im still impressed with the many things your figuring out...have you thought about getting a doctorate in something that could help save us?

CSMLSM

I was reading that being hungry...a little hungry....helps with hippocampus and neurogeneration....which we could use more of.....

BTW: your really smart...and Im still impressed with the many things your figuring out...have you thought about getting a doctorate in something that could help save us?
look I am just me trying to get better and I am just doing what needs to be done. If I was lucky enough to have inherited genetics that make that possible, great. I do not apologise for wanting to do something as good as I possible can.

You do not need me to save you. You need an effective treatment and I happen to have found one through hard difficult work over decades only made possible by an illegal substance that made my ME/CFS better. It was not perfect but enough to be able to function at times to do research. I was severe ME/CFS with major dysfunctions of everything and I do not want that for others.

I do not have a god complex I just care about you all regardless of how you feel about me.
I spent many years not being me and I fear many like me are not here anymore because of the horrors they had to go through because of this condition.

I just want a garden and a home with no ME/CFS and pain and I sort of have that now so I am happy as I am. If others want to dismiss me for whatever reason thats there loss.

I have spent the last 20+ years teaching myself about this stuff over and over again because the memories would not stick. I have spent years figuring stuff out forgetting and having to rediscover them again. I have had to teach myself how to walk properly again at least a few times and went through periods of time when I could not have told you my age or family members names. I have done all this on my own with a supposed carer who was abusive and detrimental to my health.

I am who I am.