• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Positive CFS/ME biomarker test

Hi guys! I had participated in clinical trials of biomarker test for CFS/ME that took place in Hamburg university lab and I got positive result. I also scored 10 out of 10 on the severity scale (I am moderate in real life but I am sick only for 8 months). Now I have a few questions based on that test and wondering if anyone is interested to discuss it. Having in mind that it is still experimental test I still would like to mull over:

1) My friend who has mild CFS/ME (she has full time job) has also scored 10 out of 10 there so there is hardly correlation between test severeiy scale and current condition of pwME (although it was suggested by the researchers)
2) Does it mean that I can't have Lyme? I am really fascinated between similarities in Lyme and CFS/ME but can't make my mind up what is what. They did test very sick people who also have some kind of PEM (late stage cancer, AIDS) and they were negative. They didn't test people with confirmed Lyme disease (like there is such thing lol).

Anyones 5 cents would be appreciated

Btw. good news, that there already international tests of nanoneedle.

@Anetta : Can you give us some details, e.g. wich department was running the study? Who was the MD in charge?

Last edited:

Dakota15

When you say scored 10 out of 10, was this by word of mouth from the doctor / lab then if you don't have official lab results? Just curious

Janet Dafoe

Board Member
Last edited:

BeADocToGoTo1

Hi guys! I had participated in clinical trials of biomarker test for CFS/ME that took place in Hamburg university lab and I got positive result....

Thanks for sharing. I am very curious which specific markers they are testing for. If you find out, would you mind letting us know?

...They didn't test people with confirmed Lyme disease (like there is such thing lol)...

What do you mean by this? There are many tests available, which might be useful looking into if you suspect that you have Lyme disease. These are ones I had done to help rule it out, for example:

● Lyme Disease Panel HNK1 (CD57)
● Tick Borne Disease Panel
● Babesia Microti
● Bartonella PCR, IFA, ePCRx3
● Rickettsia
● Yersinia Enterocolitica
● Borrelia Myamotoi
● Ehrlichia Chaffeensis
● Anaplasma Phagocytophilum

wigglethemouse

I'm speculating here but it is entirely possible that this Hamburg group are using a commercial cellular impedance analyser with an adapted salt stress test to develop their own diagnostic test based on the "nanoneedle" work.

Alain Moreau presented at the Stanford Symposium in September and at the NIH conference in April about his use of the CellKey cellular impedance analyser and how he was testing compounds and measuring impedance changes in Jurkat cells soaked in patient plasma.
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...ponsored-by-omf-discussion.77623/post-2231272