• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: do you get symptoms similar to an "MS Hug"?

Do you have any of the following symptoms in the chest/back?

• A feeling of a tight band around the chest

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Pressure in the chest/back

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • A feeling of being poked in the back

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Burning pain

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Sharp pain

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Tingling pain

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Bubbling or vibration

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • None of these but I have other symptoms in the chest/back (elaborate in comments)

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

L'engle

moogle
I get something that feels like the aftermath of having the wind knocked out of you. Sort of like you've been hit by a boat paddle to the solar plexus recently and are still reeling from it. It's associated with overdoing, though it's sometimes present otherwise.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I do wonder if this is caused by a kind of pre-NAFLD (Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease) for some of us. One site, which I cannot find again right now, :( said that EBV and Cytomegalovirus can both be involved.

NAFLD can also affect the esophagus which they said can end up being fatal. :(

I'm just experiencing a lot of this lately. My liver, spleen and esophagus all seem inflamed and irritated and I feel like I'm being squeezed over the lower half of my rib cage as well right underneath that.

I was originally thinking acid reflux but now I am wondering especially since I do think with our disease our livers tend to get bogged more than average.

Last edited: