• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

POLL 3 What symptoms did you get after Covid-19 vaccination?

What effects did you have from the vaccine? Please check all that apply. Vax list at end.

• Total voters

vision blue

Because those with CFS may have different symptoms either qualitatively or quantitatively than the rest of the world, this survey may help.

Please note one is limited since it is only a one question poll and the number of choices are capped as well.

Choices come from the CDC list of possible symptoms and then other sites and forums were checked, as well as some people's theories.

The raw data may make it possible to identify which vaccines caused which symptoms

In many instances, consider this preliminary data that may point to need to look at something or other more carefully. For example, if 100 percent of people choose Other, then more symptoms lists are needed.

There was no room for age on this list. Like with the other list, early on, there will be more people at the higher age groups. If age is a factor in symptoms in those with CFS, its something we will have to tease apart later.

In some instances, only "increases" in were listed. for example, there's a choice for increased anxiety and not decreased anxiety. Part of that is limited options allowed. Part of it is that a decrease in anxiety might be expected just from the relief of vaccination. Of course, perhaps any increase in anxiety is due to understandably thinking "what will this do to me now"...

It's not perfect, but no single study is and every bit of data helps us understand this disease and how our lives are affected by it. .

Jyoti

I'll add that for those with the more out-of-the-ordinary symptoms if you are willing to provide more info in the posts I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

I had dramatic increase in POTS symptoms such that where I am usually able to manage daily life as long as it does not involve standing in one place or being upright for hours on end, I was unable to stand at all for about four days. Attempts to do so for absolutely necessary reasons were met with rises in BPM of more than 65 in the first couple minutes. I was breathless, my oxygen saturation dropped below 90 a number of time correlated to being upright (even sitting was impossible). Vertigo was a constant companion, upright or not, for about four days.

Also, I had several instance of rapid increase in BP without any noticeable provocation.

Booble

I had dramatic increase in POTS symptoms such that where I am usually able to manage daily life as long as it does not involve standing in one place or being upright for hours on end, I was unable to stand at all for about four days. Attempts to do so for absolutely necessary reasons were met with rises in BPM of more than 65 in the first couple minutes. I was breathless, my oxygen saturation dropped below 90 a number of time correlated to being upright (even sitting was impossible). Vertigo was a constant companion, upright or not, for about four days.

Also, I had several instance of rapid increase in BP without any noticeable provocation.

Yikes, Joyoti!
The oxygen saturation dropping below 90 sound scary. Did you contact a doctor or the place where you go the vaccine? It's hard to know when you should "ride it out" and when you need to get help STAT.

May I ask which vaccine and was it first or second dose?

vision blue

@Jyoti That is really awful. I hope you are feeling much much better and back to where you were before.

I had listed "increase in blood pressure" as a choice but I was at the limit and replaced it with a different question and lumped bp with the other cardio possiblities.

As a vertigo sufferer, my empahty is full blast to your 4 days of vertigo. Does that often go with any flares you get to pots/dysautonomia or was that an extra special bonus tihs time? (if you're not sick of answering questions).

Also curious has anyting else EVER caused that kind of flare in symptoms before? (if so, of course curious what those were).

Jyoti

May I ask which vaccine and was it first or second dose?
First dose of Pfizer. As you might imagine, I am thinking carefully about the advisability of #2.
The oxygen saturation dropping below 90 sound scary. Did you contact a doctor or the place where you go the vaccine? It's hard to know when you should "ride it out" and when you need to get help STAT.
I almost had to laugh at this question, @Booble. Not because it is a bad question (au contraire), but because it really didn't even occur to me. Ok...I had a few minutes of thinking--I wonder WHEN I take this to the ER? But with all the dire symptoms we endure all the time, you (or I, anyway) get inured to them. Just another wild ride inside this poor dysregulated body. A number of years ago, I had an acute hypokalemic incident and at the ER, they told me: come back WHENEVER/if this happens again. I was back the two days later and a couple days after that and finally they said: please don't come back. Just self-administer potassium and stay the heck out of our ER! I decided that in general, that was the greater part of wisdom.

@vision blue --I do get vertigo when dysautonomia is on the rise. Not always, but when it is at its very worst. I cannot think of another time I had such a bad crash/flare from anything inside me. A rear-end collision, a move--these have both put in me a place much like the vaccine, but no other 'sensitivity' type provocations.

Booble

I almost had to laugh at this question, @Booble. Not because it is a bad question (au contraire), but because it really didn't even occur to me. Ok...I had a few minutes of thinking--I wonder WHEN I take this to the ER? But with all the dire symptoms we endure all the time, you (or I, anyway) get inured to them. Just another wild ride inside this poor dysregulated body. A number of years ago, I had an acute hypokalemic incident and at the ER, they told me: come back WHENEVER/if this happens again. I was back the two days later and a couple days after that and finally they said: please don't come back. Just self-administer potassium and stay the heck out of our ER! I decided that in general, that was the greater part of wisdom.

I also stay away from doctors because -- what's the point -- but that's the constant dilemma in the head for something like this-- when is it an actual emergency? Oxygen sat at 90 I think would have broken me to HELP I'M IN TROUBLE zone.
It's good to hear that your body regulated itself (the best that our bodies can anyways) after the 4 or so days.

2Cor.12:19

Notable no one who has taken Moderna vaccine has taken the poll yet?

I’ve had both Moderna shots. My 2nd shot was 7 days ago. I’m 69F, severe ME/CFS for 35 years, (30 on Bell’s disability scale).

#1 - almost no side effects. Woke up in the first night feeling fluish, went back to sleep and woke up fine. Sore arm for a couple days. Moderna arm rash on day 11 - no big deal.

#2 - felt like I had a nasty flu - 101 temp. Lasted about 36 hrs then suddenly disappeared.

On both shots once the side effects wore off, I felt better than before getting the shot. Before getting the first shot I had a puffy sore throat that had been going on for months. Literally the day after the shot it disappeared and hasn’t returned. My energy level also increased.

But after the 2nd shot (after side effects), I am feeling better than I have in a long time! My energy, stamina, and clarity of thought has improved substantially. I doubt this will last, but it would sure be great if it does.

I was expecting the absolute worst as I’ve had horrible reactions to flu shots, but I have been so surprised by this ( fingers crossed) that I had to ask if anyone else is experiencing this. Also, my husband is healthy as a horse and he felt better than he has in years - once his fluish side effects wore off. He eventually returned to normal.
Here’s the thread I started on that.

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...tting-the-covid-vax.83429/page-2#post-2331669