• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please donate to Dr David Tuller's October Fundraising Campaign for reporting on ME/CFS

Countrygirl

"As in previous years, October is crowdfunding month at the University of California, Berkeley, and I am once again seeking funds to continue my work on ME, ME/CFS, “medically unexplained symptoms,” and now long Covid. These tax-deductible donations to Berkeley will support my academic position as senior fellow in public health and journalism at the Center for Global Health from January through June of 2023. The Center uses the funds to cover my salary and benefits (mostly health insurance)."

Dr David Tuller.

For more information and where to donate: https://crowdfund.berkeley.edu/project/33528

Countrygirl

David has raised just over half of his goal with eight days left.

David Tuller's Trial by Error Project Update: Bristol University is functioning like a protection racket for misbehaving faculty--Professor Crawley in particular

As many know,
I've been trying to find out why​
Bristol's methodologically and ethically challenged grant magnet, Professor Esther Crawley, did not correct seven of the 11 papers she was ordered to correct in a report issued three years ago. That report arose out of my complaints about her egregiously flawed work to the UK's Health Research Authority.
This week, I should hear from the HRA how Bristol has responded to a request for an explanation of why these corrections were not made. I'm very curious--did the dog eat Professor Crawley's missing corrections? Will Bristol hold this prominent faculty member to account for what, in my view, are repeated acts of research misconduct? (Answer; Very, very unlikely!)

If you'd like me to continue my efforts to debunk poor science and get to the facts, please consider a donation. (If you've already donated, sorry for these repeaed appeals!) Donations are tax-deductible in the US and in Canada.
Here's the link:
https://crowdfund.berkeley.edu/project/33528​

TO DONATE TO THE CURRENT CAMPAIGN, PLEASE USE THE ABOVE LINK!
(DO NOT CLICK ON THE "READ UPDATE" BUTTON BELOW! That default button is automatically included in this message and will take you to a previously completed campaign--not to the page for donating now.)
Thanks much for your support!--David​