• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Plasma amino acids and urine amino acids

renski

Trying to get a doctor to look at this - but was curious if anyone can make sense of my amino acid tests.

From what I understand the urine amino acids can be low due to gut issues, but also they maybe being fed into the krebs cycle? I just don't understand if my amino acids are low or not, plasma shows many of them are high, and I've read the body will do it's best to conserve the amino acids in the blood, but why are they so high..

Attachments

• Urine amino acids - July 2018 (1).pdf
    90.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Plasma amino acids - July 2018.pdf
    88.9 KB · Views: 8

Ema

Trying to get a doctor to look at this - but was curious if anyone can make sense of my amino acid tests.

From what I understand the urine amino acids can be low due to gut issues, but also they maybe being fed into the krebs cycle? I just don't understand if my amino acids are low or not, plasma shows many of them are high, and I've read the body will do it's best to conserve the amino acids in the blood, but why are they so high..
There is a group on Facebook called Understanding Mitochondrial Nutrients. If you post them there, I bet someone will offer to look.

I don’t know enough to comment myself. :(