• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pineapple fund--donation to OMF increased to $5 million!

IThinkImTurningJapanese

Farewell from the Pineapple Fund

Hi everyone,

It's been five months, and having just made my last PF donation to the Internet Archive, I figure it might be a good time to say farewell.

I just want to thank everyone for supporting this project. Thank you for all the charity suggestions, many of which were funded. Thank you for all the positive messages and love sent my way. And also, thank you, the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency community, for turning a Sourceforge project into a $0.5T industry.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

From what I can tell, between OMF and MEAction ME/CFS got the largest portion of the donation. Truly amazing.

It still seems like a dream. I've always wanted something like this, and yet now it's so difficult to experience. I want more problems like this.

Looking at the charities funded is very interesting. The Pineapple Fund donated $55 million which sounds huge, yet it's tiny if you want to make a big difference in this world. Pine has not only given this huge personal donation, but has been impressively clever in making such a large impact.

I'm glad this happened to Pine.

Jackb23

Bump. Wonder what happened to the Bitcoin and if they still have some of it in there as Bitcoin is now worth 7-8+ more than it was in 2018. That a lot of money if they held some of it in there.