• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

phosphatidylcholine

pamojja

Me too.

Yes

I dislike posting to this forum because recent forum updates reject my browser and make it difficult to post. I will post the cure for CFS/Fibro to a similarly named forum also by Cort which still works with my browser. The cause is NOT viral it is bacterial. Cytokines cause immune dysfunction which can lead to viral activation. Treating viruses doesnt address the underlying condition.

Just mentioned your signature. What browser do you use?

BeADocToGoTo1

Yes. I have combined TMG (Betaine) and lecithin (source of PC) to help with, for example, low ALP or high homocysteine.

Also just been adding more eggs (with yolk of course) to my diet to get that PC the natural way.

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
I dislike posting to this forum because recent forum updates reject my browser and make it difficult to post.

We have a Technical Support subforum. If you are able to post a description of your difficulties there then we can try to resolve your problem, and it might help others.

valentinelynx

I take phosphatidylcholine primarily for my gut. I've been diagnosed with NSAID enteropathy which causes ulcers and strictures in the small intestine. My small bowel continues to bleed despite my not using NSAIDs for over a 1 1/2 years now. Phosphatidylcholine has been shown to protect the small intestine mucosa from NSAID-induced damage, so I figure that it may be helpful for healing as well. I believe most people take it for the choline, for cognitive enhancement, but it actually contains a relatively small percentage of choline by weight (13% according to the Linus Pauling Institute: Micronutrient Information Center's website). So a typical capsule containing 420 mg of phosphatidylcholine will provide about 55 mg of choline. I believe the supplement with the highest percentage of choline by weight is Alpha GPC at 40%. The recommended adequate intake of choline is 420 mg/day for women, 550 mg/day for men. Deficiency can lead to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and symptoms such as low energy levels, memory loss, cognitive decline, muscle aches, nerve damage, and mood changes or disorders.