• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pharmaceuticals in rivers threaten world health - study

lenora

Hello Treeman (Mushy Peas!!)......Yes, I fully agree that pharmaceuticals are a problem for all of us, and I'm including myself.

It's very hard to think of a way to get rid of drugs of any sort without harming something. Our city provides collection sites for drugs and other products that aren't easily disposed of. Still, even with that a lot of the sites aren't handy and something is always waiting to be collected. I guess that in the end something like burial is best (If outer shell doesn't break down) or using the product as much as possible.

One final though: I believe that pharmacies will also dispose of drugs (or at least they used to). Have you ever tried that? Pesticides, motor oil....so many things fall into this category. Yours, Lenora.