• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Petition: Reinstate CDC Research Funding for ME/CFS - #MEAction

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Get cracking!

International petition - we can all help.

http://my.meaction.net/petitions/reinstate-federal-research-funding-for-me-cfs

#MEAction on FB said:
Help Find a Cure for Whitney Dafoe and others like him! Reinstate CDC Research Funding for ME/CFS.

Whitney Dafoe's childhood friend is petitioning Laura Friedel, Chol Pak, Alex Keenan, and Lisa Bernhardt, sharing Whitney's blog post about living with ME/CFS.

"My childhood friend, Whitney, is so ill that he has not been able to have a conversation with anyone in two years. Doctors who specialize in treating both HIV and CFS patients claim that they would choose HIV over thisdevastating illness. Although he has not been able to write any long messages in a long time, he wrote this letter crying for help back in 2012 and still, nothing has been done. Hearing that funding has been reduced to nothing is heartbreaking. Please hear out these words from something who is suffering, and help him."

Bob

I don't mean to be insensitive or ungrateful, but I couldn't work out what the petition was for when I came across it earlier. I don't know if that's the fault of the petition website or the wording of the text. I think it could do with a better title, a summary, and a slight rewrite of the text, for the benefit of potential signatories and recipients. It's quite a lot of text to plough through as it is, and not self-explanatory. Better to send an email using the email templates, I think. Or send the email and then sign the petition.

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I don't mean to be insensitive or ungrateful, but I couldn't work out what the petition was for when I came across it earlier. I don't know if that's the fault of the petition website or the wording of the text. I think it could do with a better title, a summary, and a slight rewrite of the text, for the benefit of potential signatories and recipients. It's quite a lot of text to plough through as it is, and not self-explanatory. Better to send an email using the email templates, I think. Or send the email and then sign the petition.

I agree it's very long.

I agree that doing both an email and signing the petition is best.