• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Perversely Dark Documentary

Thanks for sharing this video. I always presume that everyone with ME knows this state of being as that is just normal ME to me.

I was lucky in that I only had 2 years of it, then a further 2 years of 70% in that state but unlucky in that I had no supportive parents, 24/7 migraine on top of it, and no internet back in those days to have a connection with the outside world and get updates on medical progress etc. All we had was a couple of library books for the first few years :bang-head: :bang-head: :bang-head:

I always live in fear of being sent back there one day.

Gingergrrl

Can you share which autoantibodies you tested positive for? Thanks!

I'll keep it brief to not take this thread off track and PM me if you want more info (and I apologize that it might take me a couple of days to reply). I have the two Hashimoto's autoantibodies, 7 of the 9 Cell Trend antibodies, anti GAD65, and N-type Calcium Channel autoantibody plus positive ANA titer 1:160, speckled pattern.

NotThisGuy

Such strong souls they are. I can't imagine how it would be to lie down in a pitchdark room for years and years and even losing the ability to have thoughts. I've endured some desperate times but nothing like that.

Did anyone catch the SCIG (gammaglobulin) dose the girl was taking?

The bottle says 165 mg/ml IGG
and the syringe was 5ml I think. Can't see it really its either 5ml or 6ml.

Thinktank

Gammanorm has a 6 ml solution on the market, that's roughly 1 gram. Did she say the injections are done daily or weekly?

Gingergrrl

Gammanorm has a 6 ml solution on the market, that's roughly 1 gram. Did she say the injections are done daily or weekly?

I don't think they said in the movie but it seems like such a small dose compared to IVIG yet it clearly was life changing for Kristine (in the film). Is Gammanorm a common treatment in Europe and Scandinavia?

Last edited:

Seven7

Seven
Is Gammanorm over the counter that I see people asking dosage? since is made from blood is not something to buy off market.