• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Perspective: Drawing on Findings From Critical Illness to Explain Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

So could this be whats going on, self perpetuating oxidative stress? There is a treatment proposal in the article with lots of supplements that needs to be taken together instead of being tested one by one.

Because this restoration of homeostasis is essentially a widespread recalibration of a complex system rather than the focused repair of a single point in the system, therapeutic reliance on one medication or supplement is liable to be less effective than the balanced therapeutic provision of a range of essential endogenous or exogenous elements that are used by the system to self-regulate.

Rufous McKinney

There is a treatment proposal in the article with lots of supplements that needs to be taken together instead of being tested one by one.

I just waded through the treatment protocols.

Makes perfect sense to me that fixing one thing doesn't work if 11 other things are still broken.

My regular protocols are light years away from these recommendations.

Plus I'm not even getting fresh fruits and vegetables- maybe they didn't mean the vegetables have to be fresh because I mostly cannot eat uncooked foods due to digestive issues.

My mouth swelling and other issues mean I can hardly eat a piece of fresh fruit.

Yesterday I decided I'm allowed one orange squeeze up: that was so delicious. It was heaven, on ice. (sipped very slowly, as I am also supposed to avoid cold food but I crave really cold because of my throat.

then- choking on the supplements, or them not going down- means I dont want to take many of those.

I did my DNA...most of that list I was not aware of.