• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PERSISTENT POSTURAL-PERCEPTUAL DIZZINESS

HABS93

Most of the symptoms are actually very similar. Before the illness got bad I had random incidents of vertigo at work and could not explain it. This would gone on for a year before I ended up quitting drugs and the illness came to form. The swaying motion and light-headedness is something that started a year ago and have not had one day without it. Followed by fatigue and the brain fog . Typical symptoms that come with the as well. Does anyone on here have this or similar symptom's ?

sunshine44

Que sera sera
No, I have not.

Mine is severe though.

Completely bedridden from it and other neuro symptoms.

IV antibiotics did lessen it considerably in 2017 and then came back harder few months afterwards.

Asea supplement did help too and I thougt it was my "it" cure...until I crashed really hard after upping my dosage too much....multiple times.

I have met very few people with this. It is literally all night long and all day long.

Wishing you the best. I know when I start to get my absorption and nutrients etc levels it improves but yet to get rid of it and crashes have made it so much worse...so work in progress.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Okay, so these ideas may not work for anyone here but I have success with chiropractic and years ago a doctor recommended Meclizine which is one of the forms of Dramamine called Dramamine II or Dramamine Less Drowsy. You can do a look up with the words Meclizine and Vertigo online for more info. Here is one link: https://www.drugs.com/compare/dramamine-vs-meclizine

It only seems to work for some people and many of those report being very drowsy while taking it. Not really a positive thing when we already have fatigue and brain fog to deal with but, the vertigo can be dangerous too, I think especially when the room tilts unexpectedly.

At the time it was prescribed for me, it did help but now I find chiropractic to be more effective. Plus, I am so sensitive to things that I prefer to take as few things as possible.

Now my OI (Orthostatic Intolerance) is separate from my episodes of vertigo (which is definitely related to my upper neck) so if your vertigo is from your OI these things may not help at all.

HABS93

Vertigo and Dizziness can come from cervical stenosis. Do you know if your doctor looked into cervical pathologies?
That's ironic my neck is always killing me it's not painful but it's on the border. This was just after a three days rave I went to two weeks before my symptom's started( Headbang at raves ).

pattismith

That's ironic my neck is always killing me it's not painful but it's on the border. This was just after a three days rave I went to two weeks before my symptom's started( Headbang at raves ).
even if you don't feel very painful, it can be the root of the problem. You have to insist on your neck symptoms when you talk to the doctor, so that he will have the idea to look into it.
Do you have some nausea ? tingles in the hands or feet? Weakness in the legs and/or arms?

HABS93

I always thought it was just because of wear and tear of the neck muscles but it just never healed. It happens everyday. I have a doctor's appointment next week. I get this slight nauseous after work it's very subtle though. Tingles happens everyday as the weakness . The neck my doctor told me last year was a sprain and it will go away but it definitely did not go away

borko2100

As you said, you already had dizziness bouts before the illness started. Dizziness is very often caused by a neck problem, such as slipped discs, spinal canal narrowing, etc. Headbanging is implicated in whiplash injury. It is possible, even though unlikely, that you had a pre-existing mild neck problem, which was made worse by the headbaging.

HABS93

As you said, you already had dizziness bouts before the illness started. Dizziness is very often caused by a neck problem, such as slipped discs, spinal canal narrowing, etc. Headbanging is implicated in whiplash injury. It is possible, even though unlikely, that you had a pre-existing mild neck problem, which was made worse by the headbaging.
Yes a year before I got sick I started getting random incidents of vertigo. Have no idea what triggered it. My neck was sore before this but it just gradually got worse. I'm not sure if headbanging did it but it's the only thing I can think off that would cause my neck to get bad. I just don't know how my neck is causing neurological problems and chronic fatigue.