• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Perfume

Daffodil

@IThinkImTurningJapanese :)

after reading some more stuff, i am sure the lagunamoon oils i ordered arent totally pure but most people love them on amazon so at least i can make some perfumes and get my feet wet for now. there are so many uses too....linen sprays and cleaning..laundry...air fresheners...etc.

maybe when i go to the USA to see KDM, i can get good prices on better oils if i still want to do it.

you guys have been a big help...thank you!!

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
@Daffodil - The other thing to especially pay attention to is recent feedback. Some people will set up an account, sell good cheap products honestly for a while, get the good ratings, then start a rip-off campaign. So it's a little extra risk buying directly from sellers ... though going via Amazon and such can offer extra protections against that.

I've never had a problem getting a refund from eBay. Even if the seller is adamant that they sent you the right product and you disagree, eBay will side with the buyer and often will not require that the buyer return the product. I've purchased over 1100 products on eBay and have had about 20 returns, all in my favor.

@IThinkImTurningJapanese :)

after reading some more stuff, i am sure the lagunamoon oils i ordered arent totally pure but most people love them on amazon so at least i can make some perfumes and get my feet wet for now. there are so many uses too....linen sprays and cleaning..laundry...air fresheners...etc.

maybe when i go to the USA to see KDM, i can get good prices on better oils if i still want to do it.

you guys have been a big help...thank you!!

It's entirely possible that Lagunamoon oils are the real deal. People's noses will be able to tell the difference between real essential oils and perfume (fake) oils. You would see negative (low) feedback on Amazon saying as much. Most of the low feedback has to do with leaking and poor packaging.

For scented home products, try Mrs. Meyer's:
https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=bl_dp_s_web_6205177011?ie=UTF8&node=6205177011&field-brandtextbin=Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day
The first time you use Geranium (in any product) you'll think you've died and gone to heaven. I'm confident there are real essential oils in their product, with no synthetic perfumes.

ETA: Mrs. Meyer's products are available in grocery stores in the US; I don't know about Canada or if you're mobile enough to check.

Last edited:

Daffodil

@CFS_for_19_years thats good to know. I stopped buying from ebay long ago because I had several less-than-stellar interactions. Usually I hadnt read the fine print or something of that nature. I also find the prices are either more or the same as new items at the store! But I have to usually ad a big shipping charge for Canada for the things I want. It's strange the things you showed me had such a low shipping charge.. I have never seen that on ebay.

I just looked at Mrs. Meyers....it sounds awesome but waaaaaaaay too expensive for me!

I am not sure I Know what geranium smells like but now I want to lol

I think I will love this smell business if my illness doesnt act up. I remember in Reno i went for a walk once in an area where there was a lot of sage growing. I did not want to leave EVER it smelled so heavenly.

xoxoxo

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits

Daffodil

@CFS_for_19_years yes..its just usually ...I cannot find what I want if I limit the search to just Canada.

as my luck would have it, now that I ordered what I needed, my uncle told us he is coming here from NJ in 10 days lol

the reason I don't think the lagunamoon oils I ordered are authentic is because a website says that the bottle should have the name of the plant on it..that is one of the criteria..

IreneF

Plants manufacture a number of chemicals to make themselves unattractive to those who would eat them; many essential oils fit into that category. Some of them are sensitizers, meaning that you might be ok with one or two exposures, but eventually, with repeated exposures, you develop an allergic reaction. (Poison oak/ivy works like this for some people.) I try not to buy scented skin care or laundry products, whether they're natural or synthetic.

On the other hand, I love perfumes. I just draw a distinction between the stuff I use for fun and the stuff I use for functional reasons.