• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Parvovirus

xcell

Always looking for new knowledge and options!
Prof. Jonathan Kerr:
Parvovirus B19 has also been shown to trigger CFS/ME. B19-CFS/ME maybe identified by a characteristic viral illness at the onset of CFS/ME with serum anti-B19 IgM positivity, and persisting B19 DNA positivity. B19-CFS/ME has been cured in several cases using intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG), the specific treatment for parvovirus B19 (6).
https://www.bmj.com/content/362/bmj.k3621/rr-11
=> IVIG!

Markus83

Is there anything that says how high titers need to be to receive IVIG?
You need positive PCR testing from blood. But I think the test of most labs is not sensitive enough to detect the low numbers which must be expected in chronic disease. You need a PCR test that can detect as low as 10 cop/ml according to several studies. This is a tiny amount.

Strawberry

My blood labs do say I need to verify with PCR, but it wasn't done. Does positive blood (regular) labs matter when it comes to determining whether IVIG is needed or not?

Here is what my labs say: Parvovirus B19 IGG 6.8 (above 1.1 positive) (minimal IGM)

Markus83

IgG is fairly useless, most people have it positive. You need a highly sensitive PCR from blood positive. I found no lab in Germany which offers a PCR which can detect down to 10 cop/ml. Such a sensitive test has been used in studies, but maybe it's just for research.

Look here in #25 for the studies, maybe you find some more informations about the PCR method used, so that you can ask a lab at your country, if they can do such analysis: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...nterpretation-please.59380/page-2#post-980226