• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

partners daughter has mono!

Hi everyone,

My partners daughter (3) was complaining of a sore throat and fever - I felt her glands and they were huge and took her to my doctor. He ran an ebv test and she was positive for igg and equivocal for igm.. negative for EBNA. Also had strep which I know is a cofactor in mono because I had the same!

I had this 5 months ago and I feel like I am somehow to blame... I didn’t kiss or share any cups because I was being super careful. Could there be a 5 month incubation for mono? The doctor said her monospot came back negative but that is usually the case with children so young. She did not have any of the usual primary EBV serological markers like I did (elevated liver tests, high monocytes and high lymphocytes).

She has completely bounced back within 48 hours (unlike me!) and she seems great now, running around and eating again. Did she get this from me 5 months after my mono? My doctor thinks she could’ve picked it up anywhere even at day care!