• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Partly recovery + larger muscle groups

Hd-x

I partly recovered 2017/18 untill my CFS worsens again.
In the meantime my CFS improves again to some degree and I am able to do some short gym work outs. (doing so is important for me to keep any Fibromyalgia joint pain at bay)
Strangly, I noticed exactly the same curiosity like 2017: For example I am able to press some decent weights overhead without that it hit me or my shoulders any hard, but on the other side I have really serious trouble to get any larger muscle groups like the legs working.
Usually training my legs crash me to some degree and I get PEM, but I am able to handle this.

Is this a Fibromyalgia or more CFS related problem with the larger muscle groups?
Has someone who recovered to some degree noticed the same problem , that the smaller muscle groups show somewhat faster improvements and any larger muscle groups still keep to be somehow stubborn?

Last edited: