• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Parallels between long covid brain fog and Alzheimer's

godlovesatrier

https://www.smh.com.au/national/aus...and-long-covid-brain-fog-20220614-p5atnp.html

Article discusses how amyloid plaque is protecting the brain from a fungal viral or bacterial infection and that it's this that causes Alzheimer's at its root.

So makes sense that ME is identical to me.

Oh fun fact: amyloid plaque doesn't show up on an MRI. So it's likely none of us would have ever been tested for it.

They are saying the alziehmers drugs might be able to treat the brain fog. However that won't touch the infection or dissolve plaque.

To me this is further evidence that some aspects of ME might actually be irreversible. I appreciate lots of patients do go into remission so maybe plaque isn't as common as it's theorised that it is.