• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PACE trial commentaries in the Journal of Health Psychology to be made open access

Tom Kindlon

The Journal of Health Psychology,
Volume 22 Number 9 August 2017
Special Issue
The PACE trial.

Fwiw these are the details for ordering the paper copy from Sage Publications:

"The price for single print issue for Journal of Health Psychology is £6.00GBP.

You can purchase the issue by replying to this email with your payment information, we require the long card number, the card type and the expiry date.

You can also phone or fax this information to the numbers below my signature.

Finally, you can pay with a cheque, made payable to SAGE Publications and posted to the below address in Peterborough, which may talke longer in processing your order request.

Sage Publications Ltd
18 Titan Drive
PETERBOROUGH
PE1 5XN
United Kingdom

Please also provide us with an address for delivery.

Kindly contact us for any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards

Customer Services Department
SAGE
Tel: +44 (0)20 7324 8701
Fax: +44 (0)20 7324 8733
http://www.uk.sagepub.com" EDIT: direct email without having to go via their website is: orders@sagepub.com People might not wish to send card details by email however?????
Sent: Wednesday 26 July 2017 15:40
To: Tom Kindlon
Subject: RE: Ordering a single print issue for Journal of Health Psychology from outside the UK

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the pricing of postage and packing to any country is included in pricing of all our journals.

If you should require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Lucy Fellows

Customer Services Processing Supervisor

SAGE Publishing

1 Oliver’s Yard, 55 City Road

London, EC1Y1SP

UK

T: +44(0) 207 324 8500

F: +44 (0)20 7324 8733

www.sagepub.co.uk

SAGE Publications Ltd, Registered in England No.1017514

Los Angeles | London | New Delhi

Singapore | Washington DC
---

Sent: 26 July 2017 14:58
To: Subscriptions <subscriptions@sagepub.co.uk>
Subject: Ordering a single print issue for Journal of Health Psychology from outside the UK

To whom it may concern,

A friend of mine received the following email.

I would be interested in ordering a copy but have it sent to the Republic of Ireland. Could you tell me what the price would be?

If you want to give me a breakdown of the price for other countries I could highlight it and it would save you having to deal with some enquiries I think.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Kindlon

"The price for single print issue for Journal of Health Psychology is £6.00GBP.

You can purchase the issue by replying to this email with your payment information, we require the long card number, the card type and the expiry date.

You can also phone or fax this information to the numbers below my signature.

Finally, you can pay with a cheque, made payable to SAGE Publications and posted to the below address in Peterborough, which may talke longer in processing your order request.

Sage Publications Ltd
18 Titan Drive
PETERBOROUGH
PE1 5XN
United Kingdom

Please also provide us with an address for delivery.

Kindly contact us for any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards

Customer Services Department
SAGE
Tel: +44 (0)20 7324 8701
Fax: +44 (0)20 7324 8733http://www.uk.sagepub.com"

Last edited:

Barry53

This is not a safe thing to do with your credit card number. Your number will be flying around the world unencrypted!
To reiterate what @BruceInOz says for all to be sure: This is not a safe thing to do with your credit card number. Emails are not secure forms of communication, and for those who know how, very easy to hack into.

Barry53

Fwiw these are the details for ordering the paper copy from Sage Publications:
Do you have a link to where you found this information @lilpink, I've looked and buried in unhelpful google hits. They should be advised how risky their advice is about including card details in emails - the very last thing they should be doing.

Edit: Just realised, it was in an email, which I can therefore send to.

Edit 2: I've emailed them.

Last edited:

Kalliope

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Jenny TipsforME

I called Sage they're inundated with requests for this issue apparently! The guy on the phone was asking "what is so special about this special issue?!"

But if you phone now, because it isn't out yet, your payment details will be sitting around in their office for a couple of weeks. He advised me to call back on say the 11th August.

mango

But if you phone now, because it isn't out yet, your payment details will be sitting around in their office for a couple of weeks. He advised me to call back on say the 11th August.

I emailed them today to order copies, and got the following reply a couple of hours later:
We confirm that we have received your payment information with your order.
This will be processed in 2-5 working days

Barry53

What sort of circulation does the JoHP have? Not numbers, but "demographics". Do copies go into doctors' surgeries; hospital staff canteens; ambulance staff crew rooms; medical school libraries; etc? Would be fantastic if this special issue found its way into some of these places. and help break the deadlock.

Sean

So, all papers in this special edition of the journal were properly reviewed, and the only authors who asked to not be reviewed were the PACE authors, then a "PACE advocate" unsuccessfully attempts to stop publication of the papers with the accusation that they were not properly reviewed.

And all that is now public knowledge.

This is going to be fun. :)

*adds popcorn to the shopping list*

Valentijn

So, all papers in this special edition of the journal were properly reviewed, and the only authors who asked to not be reviewed were the PACE authors, then a "PACE advocate" unsuccessfully attempts to stop publication of the papers with the accusation that they were not properly reviewed.
A "weasely" and powerful PACE advocate, no less. My money's on Sir Simon Wessely, President of the Royal College of Psychiatrists since 2014, and recently elected President of the Royal Society of Medicine.