• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oxymatrine in the UK?

Hip

Do you know the dose he used in the actual studies for Oxymatrine? Was it 600mg, 900mg or more mg?

The amount of oxymatrine in Equilibrant is not known (because it is a proprietary formulation); however, Dr Chia sometimes interchanges patients from Equilibrant to the commercially-available oxymatrine supplements like White Tiger or Alternative Medicine Solutions, whose pills contain 200 mg or 300 mg of oxymatrine respectively. So I think it is safe to assume Equilibrant contains a similar dose.

If you are taking 4 of these tablets a day, then you total daily oxymatrine dose will be around 800 to 1,200 mg.

@olliec How did you get on with the Ku Shen from Bristol Botanicals?

Thinking of giving it a try, its easier/cheaper trying it than buying the blood tests in the UK!!!

I want to try Oxymatrine treatment, but cannot find a supplier in the UK. I contacted Dr Chia's Equilibrant team, but they will not ship to Europe as it seems they've had problems with customs.

Can anyone point me to a reputable supplier in the UK, or one that ships to the UK?
Hey did you ever do it? How did it go? I'm wanting to try it, have all the same questions!

@willg

Yeah, tried Bristol Botanicals (thats the stuff in your link) - think I was about a month in and had to stop taking it due to upcoming surgery and have not gone back to it yet as I was trying Tenofivir for 3 months (no luck), and am now on Lamivudine (only been a few weeks but no difference). If the Lamivudine doesn't do anything I'll go back to it as I'm out of any other treatments to try.

Re: Blood Tests > I mean that in the UK it is so expense for the blood tests to test for specific issues it's cheaper to just buy the drugs and trial them to see if they're effective or not. It's cheaper for me to fly to Latvia and back (where my wife is from), to have a raft of tests done, than it is for some singular blood tests in the UK.

godlovesatrier

I've tried Sophora from Bristol botanicals. I don't recommend it the amounts of oxy in Sophora are tiny so your really not going to be getting enough. I am assuming equilibrant is primarily made up of oxy and that the sophora part is just a cover. Otherwise if that's not true I would imagine the astragalus would be making sick people feel pretty amazing. The odd thing is if I take the quantity of astragalus in equilibrant myself from a good supplier (I use solgar) it will give me insomnia and anxiety including many other issues within about 10 days and this is taking smallish doses. Nothing like the 6 tablets s day some have taken to return to full time work and lead a normal life.

So I do wonder how many people actually have these side effects when taking equilibrant. As it must be quite high.

If you want to try oxymatrine just follow hips guidance and get it shipped to the UK from America. I think the alternative medicines branded one is best if I remember. I crashed on oxy around the 7 week mark even though I thought it was working.