• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oxymatrine - 2nd dose of the day questions

Jennifer J

Hi, guys. I'm over a month into having started oxymatrine and working my way up. (At 75 mg, going to start 100 mg tomorrow.) I hope to start taking my 2nd dose of the day of oxymatrine within the next week.

Two questions, one is on the time (hours) between 1st and 2nd dose of the day..

The other question since I'm so laid up and affected, is it alright for the second dose to be smaller than the 1st dose til I see how I'm doing? (A jump up of 100 mg a day seems like it might be too much for me.)

Was wondering I saw on the forums one person takes it every 12 hour, another person takes it 6 hours after their first dose.

Was curious how many hours between do others take their second dose of the day? What is standard?
How many hours later does Dr. Chia recommend to take the second dose?

I have insomnia pretty bad with this. (I'm going to tough through it until I have the ability to find something to help with it.)
So I'm concerned about taking the 2nd dose at 12 hours. Yet at the same time, if that is the optimal time between to take it I'll do so if it increases my chances of this working the best.

Thank you so much for any help with this. :)

Last edited:

Hip

I would not have thought it matters too much when you take the second dose of oxymatrine, but I imagine once in the morning and once in the late evening would be best. I can't see that taking a smaller second dose would cause any problems.

Dr Chia talks a bit about dosing at timecode 4:24 of this video.

Chia also says here that the dose should not be escalated if there is significant increase in ME/CFS symptoms. By that I think he means that if your current dose level has made your ME/CFS symptoms (like fatigue, brain fog, etc) significantly worse than your normal baseline, wait until your body gets used to the oxymatrine and gets back to the baseline level before you further increase the dose.

A summary of oxymatrine dosing given here.

Jennifer J

@Hip thank you! You're always so helpful (and with the links included :thumbsup:), I really appreciate it ! :)

Anyone else who takes or took oxymatrine or equilibrant?

Just curious about how many hours between your first and second dose. Also if doing it in the evening keeps me up too much, if I can do the second dose earlier. Thanks!