• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Our Voice, Our Message, Our Lives

usedtobeperkytina

PANDORA and other non-profit organizations have joined together with a Facebook Cause page for a public awareness campaign. This will be a direct to the public campaign of ads and PSAs.

We are working now on the first ad. Some of this is strategy, so I can't tell what the topics or angle will be.

I guess I can't comment on other people's PR now that I am involved. I have crossed the line.

There are doers and there are complainers. I am now a doer. (Complainers are valuable too as they help doers to do better.)

We have longed for someone to speak boldly in a public way about the situation that leaves us forgotten, ignored, and misunderstood. Now, it is finally happening.

This is not about blame. This is about awareness of the circumstances and the effects they cause and what needs to be done to correct the situation.

Go here to join and donate: http://www.causes.com/causes/511536?m=62132c92

Tina

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Thank you Tina. I'm happy you're involved! You know how PR works and do a great job of explaining it to the rest if us.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I agree with Otis - I'm really glad you've taken this on, Tina, you clearly have the skills! Thank you!

CBS

Hi Tina,

Thank you for taking this on. I'm a bit of a Facebook novice. I have a page but ALL that it says it that I created it so that in a hundred years when archeologist are rummaging around trying to understand more about who we were, my existence will have at least been noted. That's it. Do I need a Facebook page to join the Public Awareness Campaign? If so, I have a little house cleaning to do!

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Please consider using my video on CFS as a PSA--this is what I made it for.

Doers doing for other doers to do more. :Retro tongue::Retro tongue::Retro tongue::Retro smile:

usedtobeperkytina

Thank you for your support. In just one day, we have over $300.

If we keep up this momentum, in 30 days, we would have $9,000. Just think of the advertising we could do with that.

I did do the math right, didn't I?

Tina