• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Our Roll of Honour for 2009

K

Khalyal

Also, I just thought of someone I would like to add:

John Herd. He's one of the most brilliant, articulate, dry humoured, creative, caring and inspirational people I've met during my ME career. Well, online met, I missed my chance when he was on these shores but that turned out to be good for me in the long run. His words effected me and I carry them to this day along with many others who he has inspired with words that somehow he had the talent to express and a humour that kept us all going. I will never look at Catwoman again without seeing myself ;) Oh, and if John ever reads this, rest assured that I can still type with my toes but it's so cold here I'm not taking my socks off for love nor money :D Ok, maybe money, I've already got the love.

I will second that, wholeheartedly. John has spent a lifetime advocating for us all.

And on that note, I'd also like to add Roy Snow. His history in advoacy has been amazing.

fresh_eyes

happy to be here
Did anybody mention the Swedish researchers yet?

Jonas Blomburg & Carl-Gerhart Gottfries, Upsala Hospital, Sweden

And the Cornell Study:

Maureen Hanson, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY USA

ps Katie, I have a great idea for a graphic for the "Heroes of CFS" awards - mockup soon. :)

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Mike Dessin - for telling his story to a skeptical world, taking the knocks he got for doing so and staying engaged throughout all the ups and downs and giving us all hope!

Mikes story ranks up with XMRV as the most surprising of the year. In fact Mike's recovery from those depths he experienced is considerably MORE surprising than the fact that someone found a retrovirus in this disease. Surely no one has recovered from such a debilitated state. Particularly since he did it by getting water :) (homeopathy) injected into him. :) :).

What an amazing story and how well he told it.

Michael Dessin

Marly Silverman

MARLY SILVERMAN--PANDORA

Marly is a warrior for us. I don't think people really understand the depth of her passion and tenacity in advocating for us patients. (hopefuly most of us do)

If you get a chance please send her a thank you note before year end!

She is a very special person.

Thanks All
Mike

The Phantom

Tom Kindlon, who for years has kept his eye on what's really important and made sure people know about it. And please don't forget Dr. Peterson, a doctor who has listened to his patients and doggedly pursued the truth about this disease.

fresh_eyes

happy to be here
Hi Katie and everybody.

As you may know I've been working on a concept & design for an award for the people on our Roll of Honour. Here's the prototype:

superheroesofcfs.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm really excited about this because it's so fun to think of celebrating these people and letting them know what they mean to us. In spite of all the awful things we've been through and the challenges we face, we also have some real reason to celebrate, so let's do it! Go Superheroes!

K

Katie

That's so bright and vibrant Fresh eyes, I love it. Do you want to tie it in more to the CFSOUT stuff? I wondered if you wanted to tie in the fonts and such to the rebrand campaign so it's more identifiable with CFSOUT or keep it something on its own? I'm happy with either. Ooh, for the winners can you put 'Winner 2009' on it? That would be cool.

I'd be loooking to enact all this in January as I'm pretty energy committed for the next few weeks. I'm also supposed to be looking after my niece part time when her mum goes into labour the first week of Jan but I definately want to do this. Gosh life get's hectic!