Other ways of taking b complex and minerals

Lolinda

weird OI: standing up stops my digestion
Epsom Salts transdermally successfully.

For me both magnesium sulphate and glycinate cause a burning sensation in the ureters and calves (I think it is vascular/endothelial pain in the calves).
I will give transdermal epsom a new try soon, ordered a box today. I developed an exorbitant appetite for sulfur stuff this week: daikon ( white raddish ) and broccoli, ending up in eating more and more, e.g. ~350g today lol :) :eek: :). I have such things from time to time. its an insatiable appetite for sulfur stuff, thats the common thing (daikon, broccoli, brussels sprout, mustard, horseraddish, seaweed, garlic, ...) and I feel good on it.

a good list of high sulfur foods:
http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/food/high-sulfur-sulphur-food-list/

To be honest I have no idea if epsom salt will or will not work in the same direction. But I think my body wants to tell me sthg with this extreme appetite. At least, these foodstuffs do not have any side effects in me (except for smell.. :eek: I wished I knew what to do with that... :eek:)

Interestingly, it came in parallel to my new "miracle cure" the transdermal B6+B2, and it came somewhat after a serious deterioration in which I could eat less and less fat (I am on keto paleo) not being able any more to meet energic needs, and I had more and more speed / restless energy.

@alicec @Gondwanaland why do you (want to) take epsom salt? do you notice any changes in appetite to sulfur foods when you take more / need more epsom salt? I am curious :)

Last edited:

Gondwanaland

@alicec @Gondwanaland why do you (want to) take epsom salt? do you notice any changes in appetite to sulfur foods when you take more / need more epsom salt? I am curious :)
I tried Epsom Salt foot bath once because I was trying to find a type of magnesium I could tolerate - it turned out it wasn't MgSO4 but MgO. I was already hypoglycemic when I tried the foot bath and it sent me to the ER.

Sulfate helps with the excretion of oxalate.

Peyt

@dannybex !! thanks 1000x for your post. I have been investigating this mystery since a while.
--> Could you give me a link to this study?

In particular, the connection to quinolinic acid is great. In fact, mine was high in 2013: 7.7 mmol/mol creatinine, normal: .52 - 2.4. Interestingly, my urinary excretion of B6 was normal in the same test panel.

While I knew its a neurotoxin, I never made the connection to my recent neuropathy. (loss of feeling in feet, tingling and burning in soles).
I will get my new results for the same panel from the same lab soon. Have you had your quinolinic acid tested?
Hi Llinda,
What is the name of the attached test that you have posted?
Is this test available in USA?
Thanks so much,
Peyt

Lolinda

weird OI: standing up stops my digestion
just ask the GPL! btw the test comes with written interpretations + you get a 30 min consult from them.I am from Europe so I cant help you with a good doctor in Calif. or any doctor at all...