• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Osteoporosis and kynurenine?

One of the unexpected things I was dxd with in the discovery of my cfs/me was osteoporosis. A massive 4 SD below the norm for my age, 50, so in terms of density I have the bones of a 90 year old. All hormones are normal. Interestingly whilst I was listening to Ron Davis Kynurenine theory I googled it and I guess because I have googled osteoporosis a hundred times I found a number of studies linking peripheral kynurenine with lower bone density.
Whilst I realise people with cfs/me are less active and prone to a decrease in BD I'm wondering if the kynurenine theory would fit, does this mean more kynurenine in peripheral tissues. If you Google kynurenine and osteoporosis you see a number of studies on this.