• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Osteopathy experiences

SlamDancin

I’ve had to have been having lymph waves myself because I’m doing PT on my EDS like illness. Muscles that have been tight as a knot for years are starting to intermittently loosen, and this includes several areas with prominent lymph nodes. I’m doing an abodominal Doppler ultrasound test tomorrow as a first step to investigate whether blood/lymph/csf flows are involved in the overall CFS illness which I’m sure it is just from experience doing a year of PT now. Manually moving/twisting muscles where they need to be. At first they were immovable and couldn’t be tighter but I’ve noticed recently I’ve been able to affect such change with PT that I’ve felt a different level of energy that we lose in CFS. That burst energy. Still can’t keep everything together straight enough that I don’t get pretty bad OI and fatigue. There are moments though where I realize that I truly am running on less oxygen to the brain as I feel new flows open up during PT and it feels like a new line of oxygen has been attached going up from my lower body to my my head. My body is weird lol but I think some cases of CFS can heal by healing the structure without surgery.

Rufous McKinney

@Rufous McKinney what is the chinese traditional lymph tea? Which herbs/roots?

So I don't currently know what exactly is in this new formula- my herbalist puts stuff together for me.

I may try to ask him- I did that recently...

But meanwhile, generally speaking, I did a little online snooping. I DO NOT SUPPORT self prescribing these herbs. Because I know, from a bout 20 years of experience, that this herbology is VERY complex.

The lymph formula I am taking right now- will lead to some other aspects becoming inbalanced. So some other counter balancing had to be added. So I'm still making adjustments. I'm only doing it once a day, as its pretty strong for me.

So the lymph system is addressed via a formula they call: the Central River. That makes sense- the lymph system is this flowing river that cleanses and removes, collects and distributes. That formula is described as possibly increasing "cold". And so then also add the Middle Way (another formula). So these things can be obtained online. So I suspect Im takig some version of those two things plus some of my Yin Deficiency herbs continuing.

Rufous McKinney

Muscles that have been tight as a knot for years are starting to intermittently loosen, and this includes several areas with prominent lymph nodes. I’m doing an abodominal Doppler ultrasound test tomorrow as a first step to investigate whether blood/lymph/csf flows are involved in the overall CFS illness which I’m sure it is just from experience doing a year of PT now.

Gee that sounds interesting...wonder what this Doppler thing is.

I"m going to my second PT appointment. You've been going for a year! WOW.

I'm not clear where this PT Is going at the moment. I wanted to strengthen my neck if at all possible.