• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Orthostatic intolerance: POTS, hypotension and more. Webinar with professor Peter Rowe 19.10.21

Learner1

Neither Vit C nor any other supplements have helped me for orthostatic intolerance, or very low energy levels. Having permanent low cortisol I`m bound to prednisone.
Vitamin C isn't a treatment for orthostatic intolerance, I mentioned it as a necessary ingredient to support adrenal function.

Hydrocortisone is the most similar treatment to replace cortisol when lacking. Opinions differ, but 15-30mg is considered a replacement dose. Is your doctor trying to suppress immune function or inflammation?

Learner1

Have you had any side effects from it? The literature on it indicates a long number. I am really interested, because many of the items suggested in the video just did not work for our family member. Thank you
I've had no side effects at all from Huperzine A. Much better than the unpleasant side effects of pyridostigmine.

I'd imagine if one doesn't need acetylcholine increased that one might have symptoms. On the other hand, many medications deplete acetylcholine, diphenhydramine us one that comes to mind, so one can be short of it.