• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Organic Germanium

Hi,

My GP has recommend organic germanium. I am already taking CoQ, vitamin C, glutathione - is this too much oxidation? I’m a bit worried but he just spoke about Organic Germanium so highly for CFS and I’m wondering if anyone has felt any nasty effects from it?

pamojja

I’m wondering if anyone has felt any nasty effects from it?

We all are too different and reacting differently. Therefore the only way to find out is to start to try by using tiny amounts of a capsule or pill, and increase very slowly over weeks, months or years, to see what its doing in any particular case.

I tried a little some time ago, with no concernible effect to talk about. And I do take massive amounts of vitamin C beside so many other things, which in my case in their synergistic effects have been very beneficial to me.

We all are too different and reacting differently. Therefore the only way to find out is to start to try by using tiny amounts of a capsule or pill, and increase very slowly over weeks, months or years, to see what its doing in any particular case.

I tried a little some time ago, with no concernible effect to talk about. And I do take massive amounts of vitamin C beside so many other things, which in my case in their synergistic effects have been very beneficial to me.

Hi Pamojja,

Thanks for that! My doctor highly recommended starting germanium so I did and I felt great afterwards - I am really grateful for all the advice on this forum 🙏🏽 I’ve had post nasal drip and congestion every morning for the last few years and this was the only morning I had no mucus!! I am astounded!

YippeeKi YOW !!

I’ve had post nasal drip and congestion every morning for the last few years and this was the only morning I had no mucus!! I am astounded!
I'm also deeply impressed, having done the same battle you've been fighting, with the mad accumulation of mucous and congestion in the morning, and then recently, continuing throughout the day.

It's truly maddening, and another way that this miserable little gnawing wood tic of an illness whittles away at everything it comes across, from simply breathing to eating to sleeping to moving to getting thru a day relatively pain free.

Could you possibly post your starting dose of germanium? It would be really helpful, even tho I know that what works for you isn't necessarily on the menu for me.

Congrats on finding a piece of your particular puzzle relative to this illness !!! I know how much that can lift the spirits, and give back a sense of agency over our own lives and wellbeing :):) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :woot::woot:.

@YippeeKi YOW !! i am using this https://www.nutricology.com/organogermanium-ge-132-100-tablets at my doctors recommendation. He came to the conclusion that I had cfs all these years.. albeit mild in comparison to what other people go through but I just had no idea what was happening to me - at 21/22 you think you’re invincible 🤦🏻‍♀️ If I had big day or night or did anything physical I would crash for three days, get flu like aches and chills without ever actually being sick.. he really saved me because other doctors were saying “well your blood work is great - go home, you’re stressed!” He made the conclusion I had cfs based on the fact that I have low levels of inflammatory markers , high level antibodies to cmv and ebv, low NK cells and no ANA’s - & of course, all my symptoms. Did I mention that I was ridiculously low on all micronutrients and minerals too?!

I have taken glutathione twice daily (bioceuticals), ubiquinol CoQ10, high doses of ultra potent A, C and E vitamins and now adding this organic germanium (once daily but I may try twice after trialling for a month) has completely changed my energy levels. I suffered from congestion and waking up in the mornings with a completely blocked nose for three years - can you believe I even lasted that long and believed doctors that this was a result of seasonal ‘allergies’ and psychosomatic illness?!? Yesterday was the first time I woke up without the need to clear my throat 100 times.

I don’t know what the root cause of my cfs is (I may never know and I’m ok with that) but my doctor is a firm believer that providing your body with all the antioxidants and micronutrients it’s missing will free up the immune system to do its job and ‘kill’ any foreign invaders. It sounds so simple - almost too good to be true? I mean, if diet and taking the correct supplements / antioxidants consistently is the cure then I’m struggling to see how so many people are still afflicted. He mentioned something (way too technical for me to understand) about germanium inducing natural gamma interferon within half hour of taking it & people have been cured of Ebola etc. He kept saying “fix the cytokines and you will fix the issue” and I had no clue what that meant - can anyone enlighten me? He’s a bit zany but I think ME/CFS patients need the zany doctors who understand that this shitty illness is not in our head!! Alas that is just one doctors theory and fortunately so far it has worked for me.

I’ve also gone vegan & sugar free which has substantially helped me. I’m going to treat myself as a primitive being for a while to restore my body. I am grumpy with no sugar, but I can deal with that over the sick feeling & waking up all blocked and swollen. Absolutely no alcohol or recreational drugs either. Carbs have been the root cause of my gut issues and tonsil issues.

Last edited: