• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OpenVAERS

IThinkImTurningJapanese

OpenVAERS
VAERS is the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System put in place in 1990. It is a voluntary reporting system that has been estimated to account for only 1% (see the Lazarus Report) of vaccine injuries. OpenVAERS is built from the HHS data available for download at vaers.hhs.gov.
The OpenVAERS Project allows browsing and searching of the reports without the need to compose an advanced search (more advanced searches can be done at medalerts.org or vaers.hhs.gov).
Read The HHS VAERS Disclaimer

IThinkImTurningJapanese

Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 17-53-25 OpenVAERS.png

Followed by this,

Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 17-52-27 OpenVAERS.png
Shows an interesting trend. 2021 is dominated by vaccine deaths primarily after the Covid vaccine. Of course that's not so surprising due to the volume, but the number of those, not elderly, that died within 48 hours of the vaccine is disturbing.

hapl808

It's almost impossible to interpret VAERS data as it's voluntary and not verified.

There need to be proper studies with demographically matched controls. They've done this with rates per 100k for certain side effects and compared them to background levels and post-Covid levels. Unsurprisingly, the post-Covid levels of adverse effects are much higher, but some things like shingles or myocarditis can still be higher than the background baseline. I really wish they would include various autoimmune flares and ME/CFS - they could do it if they wanted. But we're not considered a real category with real effects, so excluded as usual.

So we can't make many conclusions until we see the same done with potentially related deaths. If they look at 1m people over 65 and examine the death rate 60 days after vaccination versus a 60 day period for non-vaccinated, then we could start to draw conclusions. My guess is there will be some potentially related deaths, mostly in much sicker individuals. If you're 80 and on the verge of a heart attack, anything could aggravate your condition. Of course Covid itself is almost always going to be the worse outcome, so there's always a balance as seen in the above side effect study.

As usual, we'll have to wait for the UK or Israel to carry out such studies because the US data is missing so many things.