• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

One third of the ivermectin COVID studies shown to be fraudulent

Hipsman

After my father got covid with mildish pneumonia I just bought more than 3 grams worth of IVM cause I did not want to go through that experience again with grandparents (they are still reluctant to get vaccine, but supposedly they want to take the Chinese CorornaVac vaccine since it has the lightest side-effects). I feel like whether IVM is effective or not will be known for sure only after the pandemic end when nobody will care about it anymore...

Hip

I have Rx Ivermectin here, from my Doctor. If I should come down with COVID I will likely take it. Its right here.

When I saw the positive ivermectin studies, I also bought some ivermectin tablets, in case I myself or family members caught COVID. But now that those positive studies were shown to be fraudulent, I don't think I would even bother to take it.

There should be heavy penalties for researchers caught creating fake science.

Unfortunately universities do not take sufficient disciplinary action, because they prefer to cover it up, as it looks bad for the university. So there needs to be some sort of global organization which polices scientists.

Then we have tackle platforms like Facebook, YouTube, etc, which lots of people erroneously think are reliable sources of information. These dubious largely unregulated and unedited platforms are polluting the noosphere.

Last edited:

Oliver3

When I saw the positive ivermectin studies, I also bought some ivermectin tablets, in case I myself or family members caught COVID. But now that those positive studies were shown to be fraudulent, I don't think I would even bother to take it.

Unfortunately universities do not take sufficient disciplinary action, because they prefer to cover it up, as it looks bad for the university. So there needs to be some sort of global organization which policies scientists.

Then we have tackle platforms like Facebook, YouTube, etc, which lots of people erroneously think are reliable sources of information. These dubious largely unregulated and unedited platforms are polluting the noosphere.

I'm much more open, because we don't know it's efficacy and that's a fact.
YouTube has algorithm s preventing talk of Ivermectin...why? Or previous Pfizer scandals. Or anyone who dares to question the vaccine ( I'm not anti these vaccines btw) the press have never analysed the covid data judiciously.
There's a serious serious illness out there but the way it's been handled is terrible.
The collateral damage is what I'm concerned about. How many tens of thousands will die from that 18 months of missed appointments. Its already happening. A pop star in England died cos she didn't get her breasts checked in lockdown. Just 39
There's enough of a signal out there for it to be taken seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oliver3

After my father got covid with mildish pneumonia I just bought more than 3 grams worth of IVM cause I did not want to go through that experience again with grandparents (they are still reluctant to get vaccine, but supposedly they want to take the Chinese CorornaVac vaccine since it has the lightest side-effects). I feel like whether IVM is effective or not will be known for sure only after the pandemic end when nobody will care about it anymore...
You mean when covid is endemic? Its not going anywhere in our lifetime.
Again no evidence, just a negative comment about ivermectin. Let's see wh? I'm hopeful. A cheap cheap drug as a prophylactic would be great

YippeeKi YOW !!

The court system here in the US would be clogged like the arteries of a lifetime pizza, creme brulee, and creampuff addict, and we'd be building new jails and holding cells 24/7 for, like, ever, in an effort to keep up with demand ....

The rise of predatory journals has left the more honest contingent of the scientific and research communities (yes, there is one) baffled and angry, as they watch their credibility shrink like a snowball in hell.. One of the most determined exposers of those journals was harassed, browbeaten, and sued out of existence by the husband and wife team that owns one of the more notorious ones. He was forced by the university he worked at to withdraw his bi-mpnthly publication of some of the more outrageous 'scientific' research published in various journals, and wasnt shy about naming them, their owners, and the cost of printing your article on the effectiveness of tin foil hats against alien microwave brain invasions. With a staight face.
I also bought some ivermectin tablets, in case I myself or family members caught COVID. But now that those positive studies were shown to be fraudulent, I don't think I would even bother to take it.
In spite of all the supporters for IVM here, Im with you.
A cheap cheap drug as a prophylactic would be great
I agree, and it's too bad we don't have one. Yet.

Anyone who's read any of my posts on the subject of the abject greed and dishonesty of BigPharm, and the medical structure that supports them in the rich and lavish style they've been encouraged to grow accustomed to, knows that I'm hardly a fan or defender of their tactics, or many of their products. I'm also no stranger to the less traditional treatment protocols, and have used both Western allopathic and alternative treatments at various times.

Statistics are malleable, but facts are stubborn things .... here's an article from 5 days ago ....

I have no illusions that the facts will stick, but hey, as my mama would say, it's my moral obligation to do the best I can with what I've got, truth-wise. Right now, I've got this:

Ivermectin for COVID-19: Final Nail in the Coffin (10-25-22)
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/982852

Wayne

I agree, and it's too bad we don't have one.

Hiya @YippeeKi YOW !! -- We may not have a cheap prophylactic drug, but we have something even better. Various supplements that have shown to vastly reduce the likelihood of getting severe COVID. Here's a study I posted recently that gives just one example of what can be a sensible preventative measure:

Randomized Control Study Shows 1200 mg of NAC Daily Dramatically Reduces Flu Severity - "May" Be Applicable to COVID

Since I posted that, I can't say whether or not it has kept me from getting COVID, but my energy is a bit better, and my sleep has been noticeably better since starting. My body is telling me it's from taking the NAC.

As dramatic as the stats are at the above link for NAC, there's similar stats on a person's VItamin D status and the severity of COVID if they get it. And they are truly dramatic. You just don't hear about them on the mainstream news.

Besides this, there are very inexpensive and safe and effective strategies (especially nebulization of various compounds) that work really well if a person does get COVID. This contrasts with various drugs, which always seem to have some kind of nasty side effects of one thing or another. Even so-called "safe" Ivermectin can be ototoxic and cause hearing loss and/or tinnitus.

So I would caution people taking full doses of Ivermectin before a trialing very small dose and see what it does to the body. I have a friend who had COVID a couple times, and finally took some Ivermectin. He said he almost immediately felt better than he had even before he got hit with the COVID infections.

Testimonials are saying Ivermectin works even for long COVID. I read one instance of a many whose main long-COVID symptom was severe vertigo. It cleared up within hours of taking his first dose.

I hope I didn't bombard you with too many details, but I just can't help myself sometimes. :angel: Hey, that reminds me of somebody else on this forum. :hug: I just get so frustrated when I know so much on how to prevent severe COVID, and how to treat it safely and quickly if a person does get it. IMHO, there's just no reason to fear COVID if a person learns a few basic things about some pretty simple prevention and treatment measures.

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

Thanks @Wayne !!! Very thoughty of you, and I appreciate it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :)....

Am dealing with COVID in similar ways, and relying on several years of stoking up my Vit D, MK-7, calcium (does a whole lot more than build bones), potassium etc etc etc .... a lot of it is in the AM 'Tea' that I PM'd you, it seems like eons ago. I cant even remember if it was pre- or post-COVID. Or what year it is now ....

I've come to the conclusion that thinking is greatly overrated, tho maybe I'll rediscover it's charms when I can actually do it again ....:hug:
Hey, that reminds me of somebody else on this forum.
Hey, you talkin' to me? :angry::angry: :squee::squee::squee::squee:

YippeeKi YOW !!

YouTube has algorithm s preventing talk of Ivermectin...why? Or previous Pfizer scandals. Or anyone who dares to question the vaccine
I'm beginning to see some parts of YouTube as the devil ....

But in any war, one of the first casualties is truth.
the press have never analysed the covid data judiciously.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl: :eek::eek::eek::eek: .... Oh crepe .... you were serious. Apologies.

It takes more brain-power than I currently can call on to try to remember when The Press analyzed ANYTHING judiciously. Or, you know, pretty much at all ....

Husband of

Interesting ... not good at absorbing or parsing thru info right now, will come back later. On a superficial browse, it really did look like it deserved a deeper dive .....:):):)
Yeah, as you might have seen in the other thread, or might well not have, I came across this because the leader of the FLCCC had said, some time ago, that there were going to be trials on ivermectin, and he specifically mentioned this trial by the together group. Given FLCCC are still recommending ivermectin, I bet he regrets pointing people to the together group trial which ended up showing no benefit of ivermectin for COVID.

Also Of interest for some people, eg @sometexan84 If you didn't already know, The together group is currently recruiting for a peginterferon lambda trial for treating covid.

As of the most recent update, the TOGETHER Trial has concluded investigations on five medications (hydroxychloroquine, lopinavir / ritonavir, ivermectin, fluvoxamine maleate, and metformin), and two investigations (doxazosin and Peginterferon Lambda) are continuing (see Table 1). A summary of the progression of clinical trials is presented in Figure 1. "
https://www.togethertrial.com/trial-specifications

TogetherTrialSchema+updated10241024_1.jpg

Blazer95

Ivermectin immunomodulatory effects yay or nay? (I mean outside of the COVID effects)

I have em right Here in 3mg/tablet

Hip

Ivermectin immunomodulatory effects yay or nay? (I mean outside of the COVID effects)

I have em right Here in 3mg/tablet

In terms of ivermectin's utility for acute COVID infection, studies have suggested that ivermectin may help prevent death from COVID via its ability to kill Strongyloides infection, in countries where Strongyloides is highly prevalent in human populations, like Africa, India and South America (Strongyloides world map here).

It seems that the life-saving corticosteroid treatment given to severe COVID patients in hospital to reduce lung damage from COVID was also weakening the immune response against Strongyloides, and then the patient actually dies of a Strongyloides infection. But by giving ivermectin, that kills the Strongyloides worm parasite. Just 15 mg daily for two days is enough to eradicate Strongyloides.

So this may be the main reason ivermectin saves lives in Strongyloides-prevalent countries.

In terms of the reports from some long COVID patients that high doses of ivermectin helps there symptoms, it is hard to pin down the mechanism; but ivermectin does have immunomodulatory actions:
  • Ivermectin appears to increase antibody production by mechanism linked to T-cells. Ref: here
  • Ivermectin is a positive allosteric modulator of alpha-7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, which up-regulates the cholinergic anti-inflammatory pathway, reducing inflammation. Ref: here and here
I suspect ivermectin's boosting of the cholinergic anti-inflammatory pathway may explain its benefits in long COVID, as nicotine also targets the same receptor to boost this pathway, and nicotine patches have proven helpful for some long COVID patients.

If I remember correctly, I think I read a report by one long COVID patient that they took 15 mg daily of ivermectin, which improved their symptoms. But as soon as they stopped, the symptoms got worse again.

Last edited:

Blazer95

I thank you for taking the time and giving me this in depth answer.

really useful!

I am really considering taking a 3mg to see how i tolerate it and then work my way up to a single 12mg dose.
( i am very sensitive )