• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMF UK donations: UK Tax Relief Now Available!

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

Some exciting news for UK folks regarding potential donations including and above £2000:

Tocq_jpLnd-dCvxKHzsxwmvp0QJ_hAFqJKB1Bl-Ek0kLzjzQyBcJCsus1E99yTjkwYjs67JX6_9RcOfHiwuQhHKrn6PD6Yc5o4nZlkbVA7NkfKNwws0ueEF_tsZrtL2nREnorGCgOzFGBQlxZtwZJp7oha3vAh4Xf0UZeyVnJNj1NN_zTKflEXYlkGEgyshDBEpSvpk8hbPaiWA=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear friends,

OMF is funding research around the globe to end ME/CFS. As you know, our research is solely funded by private donations from individuals like you and me. We need to accelerate the pace of research and we need everyone's help to do so.

To help make this possible in the UK, we are now partnering with National Philanthropic Trust (UK) (NPT-UK)*, a dual qualified charity, so that our supporters in the UK can receive proper tax relief for their donations. For this purpose, we have successfully set up an OMF Designated Fund that will transfer your donation directly to OMF, minus their charitable administration fee.

UK supporters may now donate to our designated fund at NPT-UK and receive UK tax relief.
The minimum gift level for this credit is £2,000 or $3,200 USD. UK donors will also complete a Gift Aid Declaration.

You, or someone you know, can now help us accelerate ME/CFS research and also get tax relief. To make this process easy for you, you can download the contribution form here.

Please return the completed form to enquiries@nptuk.org or contact NPT-UK with any questions.

Thank you for being our partner to end ME/CFS.

With hope for a healthier new year,

glA7cZmKjDbmh8TnrHaSrm1FZDRa0RhY0xQcMxAF8Os0eEHuYTRlu_G8kRra2BswFPsiY45lamM20X3iGGN7oRIAcLtMqNgBpyvpL0wjqAYweDqypfsGq9dLETXDcfEpSgnWKIg=s0-d-e1-ft

Linda Tannenbaum
Founder & CEO/President

*NPT (UK) Limited is an independent English charity (charity number 1153376, company number 08612193). NPT-UK is a UK/US dual qualified charity. Donations to NPT-UK qualify for a tax deduction in the US and tax relief in UK. NPT-UK is associated with National Philanthropic Trust, a public charity in the United States.

www.omf.ngo

If anyone knows of any companies, friends, friends of friends etc that would be incredible. :)

Thanks,

B

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) @AshleyHalcyoneH @marilynbsg

Moof

Good news! It's worth underlining that Gift Aid relief can only be claimed by people who have paid enough income tax, though – many of us can't work and therefore don't pay any tax. That shouldn't stop anyone who has spare cash from donating, of course, but they may get into hot water if they try to claim tax relief on it.