• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMF—test of a new idea for treatment of ME/CFS.

Wishful

Filtering something out won't be much good if it keeps being replaced quickly. Personally, I think it's a wrong approach, since my ME symptoms could flare up or disappear completely over the space of minutes, which doesn't fit with 'something in the blood' appearing and disappearing.

ljimbo423

I think they know at least the size of it. Possibly Prusty found out what it is. Ron had a video-call with Prusty the other day.

This is the size of the filter Ron Davis used to filter out most of what was causing mitochondrial dysfunction.

Rons' wife Janet posted this on March 8, 2017 -

.Big = larger than 10,000 molecular weight. Proteins, protein groups or antibodies (including autoantibodies). Amino acids are smaller, around 300 molecular weight

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ow-up-to-2-21-17-research-update.49749/page-6
Post # 115

raghav

How did you find out about this? Do you have an ETA for when this data should come out?
Prusty replied to my mail when I asked him about the news that he had a videoconference with Ron Davis. Regarding when he will publish, it all depends on when the German authorities allow researchers to go back to their labs and also the availability of lab reagents and accessories like masks and gloves.

Badpack

Im not hopeful about plasma exchanges and Cfs. I had 7 exchanges in 10 days and it did absolutely nothing for me. I also know 2 ppl who also underwent it. Also nothing. So dont expect to much from it if they really go for that now.

MonkeyMan

Im not hopeful about plasma exchanges and Cfs. I had 7 exchanges in 10 days and it did absolutely nothing for me. I also know 2 ppl who also underwent it. Also nothing. So dont expect to much from it if they really go for that now.

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It's pure speculation what type of treatment Ron Davis is looking at. And even if it's got something to do with filtering the blood, it may be very different from a standard plasma exchange.

It's pointless to speculate at the moment.

bread.

that is really bad news. how severe are you?

Badpack

@bread. Pretty severe by now. Im lying 23h in bed and 1h some daily needed activities. I wasnt expecting a full recovery from those plasma exchanges, but at least a medium relief for a short time for how severe i am. But absolutely nothing.