• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMF-#MayMomentum is back!

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

It's #MayMomentum time again:

Tocq_jpLnd-dCvxKHzsxwmvp0QJ_hAFqJKB1Bl-Ek0kLzjzQyBcJCsus1E99yTjkwYjs67JX6_9RcOfHiwuQhHKrn6PD6Yc5o4nZlkbVA7NkfKNwws0ueEF_tsZrtL2nREnorGCgOzFGBQlxZtwZJp7oha3vAh4Xf0UZeyVnJNj1NN_zTKflEXYlkGEgyshDBEpSvpk8hbPaiWA=s0-d-e1-ft

JOIN OMF'S MAY MOMENTUM NOW

Dear friends,

Our second annual #MayMomentum campaign begins today!

In recognition of May ME/CFS Awareness month, this campaign is a special effort by OMF and our community of supporters to increase awareness of ME/CFS and raise funding to accelerate urgently needed biomedical research.

There are many ways you can support #MayMomentum, and we encourage you to join us. Visit our May Momentum webpage to discover the option that's best for you. You can show the world what ME/CFS looks like via a digital billboard in Times Square (in New York City), and find other ways to make a difference.

Be certain to follow us on social media during the month of May. We'll share stories from OMF volunteers and researchers, news about worldwide organizing and events, updates about how to get involved, and more. We encourage you to stay tuned and support #May Momentum in whatever ways you're able. We're working hard to make major breakthroughs in ME/CFS research, and this month your support will make a greater impact, and help us achieve more extensive and deeper research this year.

Last year, we chose to call this campaign #MayMomentum because we recognized meaningful change was taking place. In the year since, we've seen research and awareness advance markedly. We invite you to help make #MayMomentum a success and ensure that 2019 is the most significant year ever for groundbreaking ME/CFS research.

With hope for all,
glA7cZmKjDbmh8TnrHaSrm1FZDRa0RhY0xQcMxAF8Os0eEHuYTRlu_G8kRra2BswFPsiY45lamM20X3iGGN7oRIAcLtMqNgBpyvpL0wjqAYweDqypfsGq9dLETXDcfEpSgnWKIg=s0-d-e1-ft

Linda Tannenbaum
Founder & CEO/President

P.S. The Share your photo in Times Square campaign closes on May 6. Please donate and submit your photo today.

LET'S BUILD AWARENESS TOGETHER
New Resources and Videos

To help the broader community better understand ME/CFS as we currently understand it, we have recently updated our webpage, What is ME/CFS. What is ME/CFS now includes supporting pages on symptoms and a comparison of the different ME/CFS diagnostic criteria. These resources are meant to be a valuable tool for you that can be shared to help educate your personal community - family, friends, and medical professionals.

In addition, we are pleased to introduce several new short videos for you to share:

What is ME/CFS? Linda Tannenbaum explains ME/CFS in lay terms to help everyone understand the disease and urgent need for research.

Why our work matters. In patients' voices, learn how OMF is leading research and delivering hope.

What would you do if ME/CFS were cured today?
Hear patients' responses to what they would do if they were cured today - One answer - - "I'd squeeze every single drop of life out of every single moment!"

Interview of Ronald W. Davis, PhD, at the recent Emerge Australia ME/CFS Research Conference: Dr. Davis describes the devastating impact of ME/CFS on his son, Whitney Dafoe, and on other patients, and emphasizes the urgent need for research funding.

www.omf.ngo

B