• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMF Launches OMF Canada!

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

Some really exciting news:

Cd6pc9HHRipYnAj2d-zzymw82WmviTpeAfEgwv_hx_FyzXiL3g5e4bIpBM4cMIM_btQSS5h1bStmZZSWsuWW4KWOdHxIyqO3704f7l2FEcdFF4JHCfeG-zQuH4wOypWrrtAhSmxy4kE0E0meRw=s0-d-e1-ft

OMF EXPANDS WITH LAUNCH OF OMF CANADA

OmB2zTOAB27hcfEDKAujqtruxZqR4uWTnPFGyj8LVwZG0TD_V5UYbSqCz4R4Dq_7QX-DPIB3OB1OLw1Puq280gv14pjfopgafFdAHGKEcplWedY6u-HFIMpwQEdUi84lY2T_7VQvBaSioVrrFhohH-GIR_W48dYiMh_IJ1vR44A=s0-d-e1-ft

Open Medicine Foundation is growing our efforts to bring desperately needed resources and world-class research to the fight against ME/CFS!

We are thrilled to announce we have expanded our outreach and fundraising across Canada to support groundbreaking research to end ME/CFS and related chronic complex diseases.

Open Medicine Foundation Canada (OMF Canada) is now a registered charity with the CRA (Canadian Revenue Agency). All contributions made by donors in Canada through OMF Canada are tax deductible. Canadian donors can donate here.

We are working with the founding OMF Canada Board of Directors to ramp up fundraising and awareness efforts across the country. Follow our activity at www.omfcanada.ngo.

3rd Annual Community Symposium This Weekend

From anywhere in the world you can be a part of the 3rd Annual Community Symposium on the Molecular Basis of ME/CFS at Stanford University, sponsored by OMF, on Saturday, September 7, 2019.

Watch the event via Livestream (in English only): click here to register.

Visit the OMF Facebook page any time between 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time on Saturday, September 7, 2019 to watch via Facebook Live.
RsYklJfYziiQZBcAQd6DAU060IQQ1lOJAZys47rMedQRjgdXFXE3O9mMkuaRgj_kSARc5uvFstvQOk8TxQH34pZlkc4H4QoRTp20cdSmT6LouWfAVOc70as0HQfU_tT37aj0tqToEF0UbG_jUto_JSrbwHEfnTE-rAdcRRi0uQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Spotlight on International Partnerships

Ffion, a patient in the UK, has helped OMF share hope with hundreds of our supporters. She
IDkvcje0Dc-B2OctAJJb-ZGrTOUk8MdWUR4o9y98bPkiuB2ZSHN-JdI_l2odvV2cjFH8xFgJRuPsd7_nouIck_WCX1b3IrT9Mi7jjy3jvuHYRJ4iz7fBeGd53g=s0-d-e1-ft

began with a poetry blog and it grew from there. As of today, Ffion has hand crafted and generously donated over 500 beautiful cards that we have shared. Ffion is helping OMF spread hope and gratitude around the globe. Learn more at her blog here.

Our friends at RME Sweden (Riksförbundet för ME-patienter) have again partnered with OMF to support research. The RME group, RME Skane, has arranged for a TV program, Sophia's Angels, to help a family rebuild their home and shine the spotlight on ME/CFS. Follow their progress at http://bit.ly/2ZvDK3D (original post in Swedish.)

Partnering with Fatigatio e.V. Bundesverband Chronisches Erschopfungssyndrome (CFS/CFIDS/ME) in Germany, Linda Tannenbaum and Chris Armstrong joined a full-day seminar on ME/CFS on August 31. Via Skype, Linda and Chris shared a research update and hope with all who attended.

Bear Hugs for ME has grown into a wonderful project that a patient graciously
Kc-Uxy9fnvnDxg_Zfw1QQNFyY2hXgFGWzoihh6kNqyS73VbeYk1zIOLxXfLpaUkh9O1heLaJ2YQsXdaHGH_aUO_DCuS4zaMvHeZPn3m7BWfYnl7THlSLcA=s0-d-e1-ft

runs from her bed. Amie makes each bear as a special order for each individual with a personalized sweater. To date, she has hand crafted 14 bears and has a waiting list. She says, "With my bears, I have made it my mission to spread hope, love, kindness and a little happiness in an illness that can be so isolating. I also hope to help spread awareness for ME and support ME research." The proceeds of Amie's project are donated to OMF. Read more here.

We are grateful to all of our supporters around the world for partnering with us in growing awareness, fundraising to support research, and sharing hope. As we gather at the Symposium this week, you will all be in our thoughts. Together, we are Team OMF and we will find answers to help all persons affected by ME/CFS. Get inspired and learn more.

Support critical research to end ME/CFS

www.omf.ngo

B

--