• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMF Kynurenine trial

yes but I prefer the original material more, I read half of it in japanese last year, I have a lot of time ....

I have looked at a few things and I am getting the idea... it could be something like metabolic trap in a specific function to do with preventing autoimmunity or CDR.... so lots of autoantibodies appear or mito fragments or something... then later on the autoantibodies cause constriction of blood vessels in combination with the dynamic changes to the cellular respiration, produces a difficult cellular environment which causes fatigue ... and somehow inflammation is also involved. Its likely some sort of cascade effect, and is potentially quite complex to figure out, and as you said about, not easy to test certain things, so much has to be done in theory.

If this is the case and kynurenine is the missing molecule that should be preventing autoimmunity, do you guys think that injecting it in theory could undo the downstream problems over time?

Also I believe that low grade brain inflammation might be causing a lot of me/cfs symptoms. Jarred Younger found this in his research and it ties in logically with how Abilify seems to be helping a lot of people?

Learner1

I was searching for information on Bifidobacterium longum BB536 (ordered it a week ago), and found this on the internet: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4965519/. See this part:
Daily administration of BB536 was found .. to decrease the resting level of plasma corticosterone and the ratio of kynurenine to tryptophan.

Isn't it interesting? :)
As many of us have adrenal insuffiency, lowering cortisol is not a desirable effect.

As many of us have adrenal insuffiency, lowering cortisol is not a desirable effect.
Yes, but we don't know if it modules it, or simply decreases in all the cases (even if it's low). The more interesting part to me was decreased kynurenine to tryptophan ratio there, of course we don't know why/how it happens there too. I just wanted to share the finding.

Learner1

Yes, but we don't know if it modules it, or simply decreases in all the cases (even if it's low). The more interesting part to me was decreased kynurenine to tryptophan ratio there, of course we don't know why/how it happens there too. I just wanted to share the finding.
How about just taking B6?

How much did you take with it, and in what form, for how long? And, as B6 is used by over 100 reactions in the body, are you sure you were taking enough so it was going to make kynurenine, and not to all those other places?

Used neurorubine (has 100mg/day of B6 together with benfothiamine and B12) for 1.5 month in the past. Also tried just P-5-P 50mg for 2 months. What's your experience with it?

Regarding BB536 - reviews like this (and medical ones, about immune system modulation) made me interested into it.
Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 15.51.03.png

Wishful

to decrease the resting level of plasma corticosterone and the ratio of kynurenine to tryptophan.

L-KYN does cross the BBB, but what happens after that makes a big difference. KYNA is good, but some of the other metabolites are neurotoxic. I think ME is neurological, so serum levels may not have much effect. Immune activation in the body, with consequent activation of glial cells and their production of kynurenines may be far greater than some minor alteration of serum KYN/TRP ratio.

if NAD+ is the concern, why not focus on NR and NMN? I have taken each one and they helped me for a few days then had no effect. Then I took them after a few days of starving and it helped for a day or two and no further improvement from it.

Learner1

Used neurorubine (has 100mg/day of B6 together with benfothiamine and B12) for 1.5 month in the past. Also tried just P-5-P 50mg for 2 months. What's your experience with it?

Regarding BB536 - reviews like this (and medical ones, about immune system modulation) made me interested into it.
View attachment 42096
I needed to go up to 350mg P5P for awhile while on 750mg of benfotiamine. Everything worked better. Mood, methylation, neuropathy, heme production, kynurenine.

if NAD+ is the concern, why not focus on NR and NMN? I have taken each one and they helped me for a few days then had no effect. Then I took them after a few days of starving and it helped for a day or two and no further improvement from it.
NAD+ is needed in the body, NMN is 1 step away and NR is 2 steps away. It is used up in many reactions, so it's like putting gas in your gas tank of your car - once you use it up, it's gone and you need more.

interesting, I'd be on various B's while taking NR and NMN and the later two'd have no observable effect. But then again that was after they'd have an effect for a week or two without me taking the various Vit B's.

Learner1

interesting, I'd be on various B's while taking NR and NMN and the later two'd have no observable effect. But then again that was after they'd have an effect for a week or two without me taking the various Vit B's.

Nicotinamide riboside won't work on many people with certain genetic mutations. It doesn't do a darned thing for me.

NMN and NAD+ work interchangeably on me now, though the NMN was a little rougher the first week. I don't overdo it, I just take enough too get my metabolism moving. Overkill can lead to cancer proliferation some of the neurohackers are causing themselves a lot of risk.

Vitamin B6 is used in over 100 reactions in the body. Difficult to know what it's doing at any one point in time, you just need enough to make those reactions run.

Folate is needed for a lot of different things also, but it can't be used unless you have B12 and all the other cofactors to make methylation work. So, for instance, if you don't have enough magnesium, or zinc, or B12, or B1, or molybdenum, you won't get the full benefit.

And B12 is helpful if you have enough methionine and minerals like zinc and potassium and magnesium and B2, as well as B6, B1, and molybdenum.

B1 and B2 do other things, too.

Understanding how the various pathways work is extremely helpful if you're trying to get the benefit of these various substances.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Nicotinamide riboside won't work on many people with certain genetic mutations. It doesn't do a darned thing for me.

NMN and NAD+ work interchangeably on me now, though the NMN was a little rougher the first week. I don't overdo it, I just take enough too get my metabolism moving. Overkill can lead to cancer proliferation some of the neurohackers are causing themselves a lot of risk.

Vitamin B6 is used in over 100 reactions in the body. Difficult to know what it's doing at any one point in time, you just need enough to make those reactions run.

Folate is needed for a lot of different things also, but it can't be used unless you have B12 and all the other cofactors to make methylation work. So, for instance, if you don't have enough magnesium, or zinc, or B12, or B1, or molybdenum, you won't get the full benefit.

And B12 is helpful if you have enough methionine and minerals like zinc and potassium and magnesium and B2, as well as B6, B1, and molybdenum.

B1 and B2 do other things, too.

Understanding how the various pathways work is extremely helpful if you're trying to get the benefit of these various substances.
The next thing on my list if I get better is to learn all of that