• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMF: How can you accelerate the pace of research

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys, a message on how consistent funding enables the groundbreaking research OMF continue to do. If you support them and their mission, please consider the below:​
Tocq_jpLnd-dCvxKHzsxwmvp0QJ_hAFqJKB1Bl-Ek0kLzjzQyBcJCsus1E99yTjkwYjs67JX6_9RcOfHiwuQhHKrn6PD6Yc5o4nZlkbVA7NkfKNwws0ueEF_tsZrtL2nREnorGCgOzFGBQlxZtwZJp7oha3vAh4Xf0UZeyVnJNj1NN_zTKflEXYlkGEgyshDBEpSvpk8hbPaiWA=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear Friends,

Because you are a member of our OMF community and support our mission to end ME/CFS and related chronic complex diseases, I'm writing to you with a special request during our #MayMomentum campaign. Will you join Team OMF by becoming a monthly donor today?

Your monthly contribution will have a greater impact because it creates a reliable source of funding for our researchers. In an article on microcirculation in ME/CFS, Health Rising Founder and Blogger, Cort Johnson, provides a perfect example of why consistent funding matters:

"The grants by Open Medicine Foundation stand out because for once an organization actually had the money to quickly follow up on an exciting finding. That's a rarity in this field. The lightning speed with which OMF provided these grants indicates how important nimble private research foundations like OMF are to this disease."

Click here to make your monthly donation now.

I invite you to act today and become a monthly donor. Your commitment will ensure that OMF-funded researchers can capitalize on the exciting and promising findings that are already coming to light. I believe that together we will end ME/CFS, and I sincerely thank you for being a part of our OMF community.

With hope for all,

glA7cZmKjDbmh8TnrHaSrm1FZDRa0RhY0xQcMxAF8Os0eEHuYTRlu_G8kRra2BswFPsiY45lamM20X3iGGN7oRIAcLtMqNgBpyvpL0wjqAYweDqypfsGq9dLETXDcfEpSgnWKIg=s0-d-e1-ft

Linda Tannenbaum
Founder & CEO/President

HuwFBaWQ6UA99uO6j0mH90sVakhDWZ_NVri32Sh8AsnAAI47HVGspRgZuqQwnMy9feYJaQFcQUBvsS5a90iKbzbxv5NmOq_FlyVGBVNOeWV_-g=s0-d-e1-ft

P.S. If you'd prefer to make a one-time gift today, we appreciate your donating here. We welcome your donation of any size from $5 to $5,000,000. Thank you for supporting groundbreaking research at any level.

www.omf.ngo

Thanks,

B

*GG*

I would have money to Donate, if someone had been looking out for me. My lawyer never asked about my Long Term Disability at work, therefore potentially left 1/2 my previously earned income off the table, now I live below the Poverty line!

Would be great if some lawyer out there could help me remedy this situation! (But, alas, I think to much time has passed.)

I am falling away from the community more and more, I do lots to bring visibility to the community, I don't get anything really in return. Going to move on with my life best I can.

GG

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I know that a lot of us are below the poverty line so giving is tough.

Is there any way OMF could be added to Amazon Smiles program? They give a small portion of our purchases towards the charity of our choice. I looked through their health charity list and didn't see OMF.

Also there may be other online stores that do the same type of thing or affiliate programs so that if we would go to a page set up by OMF and click on links there in order to do other purchases too like Swanson Vitamins, Vitacost or others then OMF would get a small amount back that way too. If enough of us do something like that it might help especially for those that find giving difficult right now.

valentinelynx

Is there any way OMF could be added to Amazon Smiles program?

Yes, this is a great idea! I got involved in writing up how OMF should go about doing this... and, after posting it, decided to check if it was listed already on Amazon Smile. Guess what, it is...:rolleyes:

On the Amazon Smile charity selection page, in the space at the bottom labeled, "Or pick your own charitable organization" just type in "Open Medicine Foundation". Select the organization listed as "Open Medicine Foundation, Agoura Hills, CA".

If you're new to Amazon Smile, here's the information page: About Amazon Smile
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device.

If we're spending $ on Amazon anyway, why not have some go to fund the research that will make it possible one day for us to visit "brick & mortar" stores again! :lol:

Last edited: