• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMF funds Harvard Collaborative Center and expands Data Center!!!

dreampop

I'm very excited to have a thorough look a muscle tissue via biopsies. @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) I'm wondering if there's any chance they will look to biopsy peripheral nerves like ganglions. I know this is probably really difficult to do practically, but metabolism and gene expression in peripheral nerves has been linked with diabetic pain, in part mediated by PDKs, and central sensitization. Plus we seem to see a lot of inflammation in the ganglion in post-mortems, although I suspect inflammation isn't the real problem.

I am so thrilled. Looking real bright for the future, and it seems that ME / CFS research is really on a roll! Struggling to hold back my tears... They are not tears of sadness. They are tears of joy for everyone that is suffering with this peace of shit disease. Harvard AND Stanford ... Just getting better and better.

Last edited: